Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I select multiple songs?

Solved!

How do I select multiple songs?

On one of my playlists, I want to move multiple songs to another playlist. Its kind of a pain to drag them one by one to that new playlist.... Could anyone tell me how to select multiple tracks?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Just hold down the ctrl key on your keyboard whilst selecting multiple tracks and then drag and drop them to where ever you like. If you want to select a big block of tracks, select the top one then hold the shift key and click on the last one, it will highlight all the tracks between the two you selected. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Select multiple songs using Shift, right click, add them to a new playlist.

View solution in original post

33 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Just hold down the ctrl key on your keyboard whilst selecting multiple tracks and then drag and drop them to where ever you like. If you want to select a big block of tracks, select the top one then hold the shift key and click on the last one, it will highlight all the tracks between the two you selected. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have tried CTRL and SHIFT to select multiple and block and it does not work? I only have a basic account!!!

You're using the desktop client? You can't do this in the web player.

i just figured it out !!!! (: 

ALL you have to do is simply hold down the ctrl + shift at the SAME time then simply select one of the songs on the playlist and then the entire playlists highlights (turns baby blue) 

there you go !!(: 

yayyyy!

HUGELY helpful, thank you!

this is magical,

did this accidentally a few times and deleted some starred stuff from ages ago 😞 but now i can use this to fix playlist!!!!!!!!!! you rock 

I tried all of these things but it's not working for me! I have a bunch of songs in my saved list but it seems to not be letting me save songs anymore... I guess I have too many. So, to keep track of them in trying to move all of my SAVED songs to my STARRED playlist. I need to do a bunch at once and idk how! I'm using a Mac Apple computer, and I have my iPhone as well. Please help!
Marked as solution

Select multiple songs using Shift, right click, add them to a new playlist.

None of these work for me...  (on mac, in firefox)

If on a Mac and in the app (not web browser) use the command key to select individual tracks into a group. (Shift into inverse video to see the selection extension, not visible in the dark default theme.)

The best thing to do (if you have a Mac) is to go to the menu bar on your computer (with Spotify the open application). Also, make sure you are on the playlist with the songs your wanting to highlight. Then, go to the menu bar, press EDIT, and scroll till you find SELECT ALL. Press that and there you go! This has been the only method that's worked for me when trying to highlight an entire playlist. Hope it works for anyone else who had the same problem! 

On a mac you can click command A and then hit the three little dots and move to the playlist that you want.

THANK YOU FINALLY **bleep** I LOVE YOU

i swear to whoever you all must be using some other software.  makles me wonder if you actually used the software or your just saying how you would like to do it!!!!  while all these "solutions" sound nice THEY JUST DONT WORK on my spotify web player.   i would like to see some screenshots because i just dont beleive it....

If you scanned the thread you would have noticed the 4th post which says this doesn't work in the web player.

@dhugg wrote:

i swear to whoever you all must be using some other software.  makles me wonder if you actually used the software or your just saying how you would like to do it!!!!  while all these "solutions" sound nice THEY JUST DONT WORK on my spotify web player.   i would like to see some screenshots because i just dont beleive it....

thats because so many peolple are saying and suggesting things that just
dont happen on my spotify.. how can there be so many different scenarios
and suggestions if everyone should be using the same web player??? i guess
i saw the later post but that means you dont support selecting multiple
songs from a giant list???

I have done it before but I believe you can only select like 50. Any more than that, and it ignores it. So it is a painful process.

Hey, good afternoon,

This is great.... but! what about the Android app for smartphone??

Thanks!

THIS NO LONGER WORKS 2017

Suggested posts