Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I select multiple songs?

Solved!

How do I select multiple songs?

On one of my playlists, I want to move multiple songs to another playlist. Its kind of a pain to drag them one by one to that new playlist.... Could anyone tell me how to select multiple tracks?

33 Replies

is this different now, 5 years & several windows later?  i have to check them all individually b/c these tricks don't do it.  when i right-click the menu doesn't have 'delete' as an option.  the delete key does nothing.  how do i get rid of multiple songs at once?

and shouldn't i be able to click on a column header (artist) & alphabetize by that column?

Is there anyway to do it on a mobile device?

Are you using the web player or the app for desktop/Mac?
Because like others said, doesn't work in the web player.

i believe this has already been addressed. not a helpful answer. this is
not an insult, just saying.

Can this be done on a mobile device (asking for an iPad user)

Just hold down shift and click on all the songs you want to move into a playlist and when you've gathered all the songs you want just simply move the songs to the desired playlist (this worked for me and I'm using a Macbook Air)

Ok for those of you trying to do this on the webplayer.... when you are in the webplayer ... (just the website in a browser listening) , look at the left panel and at the very bottom you will see a link that says "download app." You have to download the app to your computer so that it is either an icon on your desktop, or in the tool bar, or whatever it is that holds your APPS FOR YOUR COMPUTER. Once you have downloaded the APP you will be able to do the shift select all method. This method DOES NOT WORK if you are just in your browser trying to do it on the web player. I have attached a picture of the left panel, and you will see the download link at the very bottom 🙂 I hope this helps . 

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 11.10.35 AM.png

What if I'm on an iPad,is there any other methods for mobile?

didn't work

I finally found it out. This works currently for 2018, sorry for the absurdly late response. ( Keep in mind I am using Windows ).

So, you need to hold Ctrl and A at the same time, click on a song, press add to playlist but do not choose a playlist to add it to yet. It will only add that 1 song to your playlist. You'll notice that when you click add to playlist, all of the songs in the playlist are highlighted. Now all you have to do is to drag them over to the playlist you want them to be in. Note that it should say "(number of songs) tracks" near the cursor. Once you drag it over to a playlist, hover your cursor above it for a little, until it enters the playlist. Then let go and those songs will be pasted into the playlist for you to enjoy. Hope this helps; if it doesn't work the first time, try again. Took me a little to paste it in as well. 

I suppose the CTRL + SHIFT prompts the "Add to Queue" shortcut menu after the range selection.

We have to right-click to prompt the "Add to Queue" shortcut menu if we only hold down the "SHIFT" key like we may in a file manager. 

This old thread was helpful. 

Many thanks. 🙂 

This doesn't work for Chromebook in-browser app (which seems to still be the only app available).

**bleep** IT WORKS!! Thank you so much!

Hi! I've recently run into this problem and unfortunately, none of the above works on the Desktop Web Player. These days, everyone has Windows 10. Therefore, download the app in the Microsoft Store and log in using your email and password (for me, it didn't like me trying to sign in with my username). Now the solution of using the "CTRL+A" (select all shortcut) or the "Hold SHIFT using the arrows" methods work. I've done everything I could think of to add multiple songs to a playlist on the Web Player and simply nothing worked. You're gonna have to download the app. Cheers! Happy listening!

Suggested posts