Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I switch to offline mode with no File menu?

Solved!

How do I switch to offline mode with no File menu?

I am in a rural area and bandwidth is limited till midnight, therefore I have to use Spotify in offline mode, but the new desktop has no file menu to switch over to offline mode.  I deleted the PPA so have not upgraded on one of my desktops, but ran into this issue on my laptop which automatically upgraded to the new desktop. 

Any advice or answers would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@serpiko wrote:

Hi, what is the status for this issue ?

Still nothing in the menu, but if you use 1.0.47 or later, you should be able to toggle offline mode by pressing Ctrl-Shift-o.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be possible. I have added a bug report in our internal bug tracker for this specific issue. It will of course be fixed possible if the menus are implemented on Linux (which is also in our internal bug tracker), but it might be easier to prioritize and fix this specific problem, if the offline toggle is just exposed in the settings, like it is in the mobile apps.

Thank you, I will continue to run old version, till bug is fixed. Thanks!

Check if this works as a workaround. It sets the accesspoint address to something that is obviously wrong and then spotify shouldn't be able to login.

spotify --ap=127.0.01

Is this something I need to add to repository or enter into the terminal? Please advise.

Thanks!

I still cannot find the option in 1.0.28.89.gf959d4ce-37 on Trusty. Is it being worked on?

Can you please implement this?

It is rather annoying not being able to toggle Offline Mode on Linux.

Marked as solution

@serpiko wrote:

Still nothing in the menu, but if you use 1.0.47 or later, you should be able to toggle offline mode by pressing Ctrl-Shift-o.

Suggested posts