Help - Desktop (Linux, Windows, Web Player)

Concert VIP
Accepted Solution

How do you delete a radio station?

[ Edited ]

[mod update]

Hey all,

It's now possible to delete a radio station. See here for details.

Solution!
Chosen by ret (Gig Goer)
Gig Goer

Re: Delete Radio stations

I'm with these other users. It is annoying to have radio stations that you don't want to listen to, sitting in the list with no way to remove them. I often start a station to see if I like an artist or style of songs, and then find it isn't what I want. But at the same time, it is a great way to discover new music, so I will continue to start new ones. We all need a way to delete the unsuccessful ones, so that our list of stations we want to listen to stays manageable and usable. Deleting the entire file of all stations is a lousy solution.

View solution in original post

Solution!
Chosen by soldier9599 (Festival Fanatic)
Festival Fanatic

Re: How do you delete a radio station?

derekbowens wrote:

again, this might work on a PC, but not on a Mac. what is the fix on Mac?

There is no fix for PC or Mac. The only way to fix this is if Spotify decides to include this feature. This thread should really be tagged as unresolved.

Solution!
Chosen by Rollo_ (Signed Artist)
Signed Artist

[ Edited ]

That's a fix that worked on an old version, where everything was stored on your PC.  Version 0.8.3 shows it, and the fix does still work.

SOOOOOO....................

If you REALLY REALLY HAVE TO DELETE RADIO STATIONS, uninstall the current version, install 0.8.3 or 0.8.5, and don't allow it to update. 

• You'll have What's New and no Discover. 
  • You'll be given a 'starter station' based on your recent most popular artist.  So if you played Blurred Lines 20 times yesterday, your starter station is gonna be Robin Thicke, even though you mostly listen to Dave Matthews.
  • Some of the more recent apps like Tunigo and Swarm.FM won't work. 
  • You'll have the OLD social features, no following, and you'll see what your FB friends are playing a little easier.
  • You'll have album art in your playlists [ctrl-G]
  • All search functions work [ctrl-F]

THEN, you'll be able to delete ALL of your radio stations at once by deleting that file.

In XP its in c:\documents & settings\<user>\Application Data\Spotify\Users\<user ID>\Local Storage\Local Storage

In newer windows versions the file structure will be similar.

If you don't want it to update to the current version, see my post:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/To-divide-my-tracks-in-albums-is-that-pos...

If you want to get REALLY crazy, try 0.6.5.  You can choose multiple genres in a single radio station, but there is only genre radio.  No radio based on artist, playlist, etc.

Solution!
Chosen by dinapolis (Concert Regular)
Signed Artist

The ability to delete Radio Stations is rolling out slowly.  It was working briefly for me when the software last updated.  According to Peter, the feature is not version specific.  There is a post by one of the mods about the rollout in the Ideas forum, I believe. Once the feature makes it way to you, an "X" will appear when you hover over the upper right corner of the Playlist graphic.

Solution!
Chosen by Lilly8244 (Music Lover)
Music Lover

If oyu go onto the player in the browser and click radio, you can delete your radios there. I just did because Spotify put Eminem on there, even though I don't like him or listen to his songs!

Solution!
Chosen by Adam (Moderator)
Kudos: 14,715
Solutions: 3,538
Community Mentor
Ideas Guardian
Protector of Newbs
Troubleshooter

Hey guys! :) 

Just to confirm what has been mentioned above, you can now delete radio stations on desktop, iPhone and android. On desktop, hover over the station you want to remove and click on the "x" to delete the station. On iPhone and android, tap and hold the station you want to remove, then tap the "x" or select delete/remove depending on which platform you are using. Be aware you always have to have one station (so you can't remove them all). 

This is a prime example of a change that has come about due to user demand which is made clear here on the community, especially on the Ideas Exchange - so keep up the feedback of what you would like to see. 

For now, I am going to close this topic since the issue is now solved (at least on desktop which is the category this topic is in). 

Rock on Spotifiers! 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

All Replies
Music Fan

Radio stations

How do I delete a radio station?

Spotify Legend

Re: Radio stations

Hey!

There's no way to remove a radio station at present. If you wanted a little more variety, you can right click on any track and select "Start Radio" - You'll create a custom radio based around that artist.
-----
Airhorn Enthusiast
Music Fan

I would like to know this too...

Community Legend

You can't delete any radio station.

Spotify Premium for music listening, user since April 2009. 100M cable modem and 1M mobile network.
Music Lover

Well at least if you can't delete it how do you stop it playing automaticly after anything I've added to the play queue?

Music Fan

That's a shame. I accidentally clicked on David Guetta, now anyone who sees my Spotify window will think I have appalling taste.

Music Fan

This will get rid of all your stations. Then you can add the ones you want.  It will still start you with one radio, I think your #1 "Top Artist."

Search your computer for Spotify

Right Click > Open File Location

Click Users > some#-user > Local Storage > LocalStorage

Delete sp_radio_0.localstorage

Music Fan

it would be great if you could just delete an old radio station that you no longer need. I look forward to this being updated on Spotify. 

Music Fan

Delete Radio stations

It sure would be nice to remove a radion stations from the list.  I mistakenly clicked on one I particularly don't like.

Announcements

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.