Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to delete songs from a playlist

Solved!

How to delete songs from a playlist

how do you delete songs from a playlist? either on mac or ios?

129 Replies
Marked as solution

How do I delete one song on my playlist? Not the whole list, only one song that I added in error.

Playing my playlist in random mode with hundreds of songs in random mode. I don't like the song it is playing right now and I want to remove it from the playlist, how do I do that? I hope the answer is not "browse your playlist until you find the song and click on the three dots".

The song is playing, you shoul have the same options you have when you browse the songs.

thanks

new at this spotify . I have several blue grass music  , that I hate i didn't program  how do I delete ?

Playing song****

To delete a song from a playlist -(while on a desktop), hover you cursor over the song title towards the right-near the song duration. You should notice three horizontal dots that show. Right click those dots and a pop-up menu shows. Click delete on the bottom. 

Hi all - I've just spent 30 minutes scouring the internet to find a way to delete songs from a playlist from spotify's iPhone app. I finally found this chain...from 2013. Is it true that there is a NO WAY to delete/remove songs from a playlist other than a desktop? Unreal. 

Hey I know how. I just did it. All you do is go on the playlist you want to delete the song from, scroll up to the top, click on the 3 dots in the top right corner of the playlist (near the picture) and it will say edit. Click edit and delete the song u want to delete 😃

Go on the playlist, scroll to the top, click on the 3 dots (above the picture on the top right) it will say some things and edit will be one of them, click edit and delete the songs u don't want 😃

The issue is finding the song if you have a playlist that contains hundreds of songs. The desired functionality is to be able to delete the song that's currently playing.

Big thanks!  This was driving me crazy!

You're very welcome friend!

On a tablet or touch device just press and hold the song you want to delete and a box should come up and the you press remove from playlist

Marked as solution

I don't think that it works like that. You can swipe to remove it from "Your music" but not the playlist.

In my opinion, the delete function should be available from the "now playing" screen.

I can't do this on my iphone though, why not? Always frustrated me as this is the platform where I listen to my music most often.

Can add songs to playlists but can't remove on my iphone, any chance of this functionality being added to the app in the future?

Thing is, I want to delet a lot of songs from one playlist (through web player), but I cant seem to select more than one song at a time. Do i REALLY have to do it one by one? Can't I Shift+click to select many songs at a time?
😮

It worked...THANKS

I've deleted several songs from my playlist on my iPhone, but they still play. Not sure why. How do I get rid of the tunes I don't want?

It's a pain in the **bleep** atm

Okay but you have to go to the top of the playlist and then scroll to the song you want to remove. What if you have 50+ songs in a list and you are trying to just go back to the song you originally wanted to remove?  It can be tedious to scroll through each song and have to find the speaker icon to remove the song; or, find the song that is playing based on the listener's memory of the name of the song. But as someone who wants to delete the song, they're probably already trying to forget the title at the point that they want to delete it. 

Suggested posts