Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to delete songs from a playlist

Solved!

How to delete songs from a playlist

how do you delete songs from a playlist? either on mac or ios?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@rosiegee1 wrote:

I "subscribed" to a playlist that was already set up on Spotify.  There are a few songs on it that I can't stand and I want to delete them from my devices, but "delete" is not an option that I can find.  If I select on the playlist and then click on the "three dots" at the top, the only options it gives me are 1)Start Playlist Radio or 2)Share Playlist.  There is no option to Delete a song.

If I am in the main menu that lists all of my playlists and I click on Edit, I have the option of deleting the entire playlist.  But I don't want to delete the whole thing, just a few of the songs.

Can I do that?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

The sort answer is no, you are not allowed to edit any playlist which does not belong to you, unless it is marked as collaborative. If you wish to edit the playlist, you need to copy the tracks into a new playlists of your own and then make the changes you wish. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

how to i delete music i never placed on here, i was hacked twice and music i never would listen to is on my list

playlists do not want them its something i would never ever listen to i want to delete and do not know how to

how to i find the ans...from this request

Marked as solution

Hello: @Hatebook

How about this when a song is playing in the Now Playing Window if you double click on the album artwork, with the assumption it is being played from a playlist you created, does this take you to the song in your playlist that way so you can delete it?

Marked as solution

How do I delete one song on my playlist? Not the whole list, only one song that I added in error.

Marked as solution

I don't think that it works like that. You can swipe to remove it from "Your music" but not the playlist.

In my opinion, the delete function should be available from the "now playing" screen.

Marked as solution

I have found the dots and the red button, and "deleted" the songs I don't want. However, for whatever reason, some of the songs I've deleted still play when I listen to my playlist...must be a software glitch with Spotify that they need to address.

Marked as solution

The important thing to remember is that when you want to delete a song from a playlist you do NOT click on the three dots next to the SONG. You scroll all the way to the top of the playlist and click on the three dots next to the BEGINNING OF THE PLAYLIST! That will give you the option of editing the entire playlist and delete any songs you wish by tapping on the red button to the left of each dong. Hope this helps!

129 Replies

You should be able to do this easily on both platforms. 

On mac, click on the track (or highlight the tracks) on the playlist and then press the "Del" key on your keyboard. Alternatively you can right click on the track and select "Delete".

On iOS, just open the playlist, open up the options (three dots at the top) and you'll be able to edit your playlist. Remove songs by pressing the red symbol next to them.

Peter

Peter

Hai Peter,

Ime Jerome',

With me it doesnt works, Icannt find OPTIONS, no three dots on top.

I have the unlimited version, is that perhaps the raison??

Is there anywhere a user-instruction??

Thanks for answering

Jerome from

Holland

Thanks for so me reasotithe "edit" button wasn't showing on my phone,but now it does.

I "subscribed" to a playlist that was already set up on Spotify.  There are a few songs on it that I can't stand and I want to delete them from my devices, but "delete" is not an option that I can find.  If I select on the playlist and then click on the "three dots" at the top, the only options it gives me are 1)Start Playlist Radio or 2)Share Playlist.  There is no option to Delete a song.

If I am in the main menu that lists all of my playlists and I click on Edit, I have the option of deleting the entire playlist.  But I don't want to delete the whole thing, just a few of the songs.

Can I do that?

Marked as solution

@rosiegee1 wrote:

Can I do that?

The sort answer is no, you are not allowed to edit any playlist which does not belong to you, unless it is marked as collaborative. If you wish to edit the playlist, you need to copy the tracks into a new playlists of your own and then make the changes you wish. 

Peter

Peter

I should have guessed that myself!  Thanks very much for your quick response!

Marked as solution

how to i delete music i never placed on here, i was hacked twice and music i never would listen to is on my list

playlists do not want them its something i would never ever listen to i want to delete and do not know how to

how to i find the ans...from this request

On one of my playlists, playing on iPhone, is there anyway to conveniently dletete a song from that playlist?  There's a way to add a song to playlist, but not delete, I think.  A very major flaw with Spotify, unless I am missing something?  Seems I have to somehow remember the track, go home to my computer, select the track and "delete from playlist"  STUPID

You can delete a track on iOS, from playlist view click on the "..." in the top right corner of the app, then press "Edit" then that will give you a remove button on each of the tracks on the playlist 😉 

Peter

Peter

I have over 200 songs in my playlist.  They show up in random order which I can't sort into some kind of order (artist, song, date added, etc).  The process you describe does NOT take you to the "now playing" track, but the beginning of the playlist (not in any order).  The song I want to delete may be buried towards the bottom of that lengthy list.  Trying to scroll down through 50 pages to delete that song is NOT going to happen.  Why can't Spotify be user friendly?  Do their programmers not use the service?

I pulled multiple albums into a wrong playlist - is there a way to delete multiple songs at the same time?  Something like Shift-Click at both ends like you would do with a list in Windows?

Thanks, - love the app so far.

Sleepy

Which app is this on?

Peter

This is on the web client  using Firefox on a Windows 7 machine. I don't use the app since I could not find a way to turn it off. I don't like spurious things running on my computer unless I'm actively using them. Thanks, Sleepy

You can only select one track at a time in the web player, unlike the client. You can close the client at any time by the wat by using file/exit.

Thank you very much.  The app works fine.  Now to stop it from loading upon startup.

That's at the bottom of the preferences/options screen. 🙂

Thanks!!!!

Thanks!

Good afternoon, how can I delete songs in my playlist directly from the screen of my iphone, do manually but I have 1600 songs, I need something more direct, please

Suggested posts