Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there a way to edit incorrect lyrics?

Is there a way to edit incorrect lyrics?

The lyrics feature offers an option to "report" wrong lyrics, but it doesn't ask which ones are wrong or what the correct lyrics are. Normally I'm not too picky about this kind of thing, but I've come across a few lines that are just really flat-out wrong. Is there any way I can more effectively let Spotify know what the problem is? Thanks!

9 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

When you click lyrics in the desktop app, there should be a button near the bottom right corner that says edit lyrics. You can do so from there.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

When I first tried that, I thought you could only resync the lyrics from there. Thank you so much for your help!!

what if the lyrics are locked e.g. First by coldwarkids has several lines of incorrect lyrics. i only get the option synchronize the lyrics

Hello!
I added some lyrics to a song, but now I have discovered some mistakes. The "Edit" button seems to be hidden, because I cannot see it. How can I edit the lyrics?

I also can't see an 'edit' button but the lyrics are provided by Musixmatch which lets you edit and review lyrics 🙂

https://www.musixmatch.com/contribute/review

What about mobile app??

Hi do you have to be Premium to edit or report lyrics? Because I can't see any edit lyrics button. Only the button to turn the lyrics view on and off.

Hey folks,

Apologies for the lack of response on our side.

It's currently not possible to edit the lyrics in the Spotify app, however, you can report errors directly to the lyrics provider which you'll find at the bottom of the lyrics page.

We hope this helps!

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

can we start

Suggested posts