Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is this seriously the only way to get answers to questions?

Is this seriously the only way to get answers to questions?

I just spent a long time digging trying to find the help, then realising there was none. Then searching the FAQ, which didn't answer my question. Then searching in here. And then trying to find out how to ask a questions.

Is this seriously the only was to ask questions?

This is a paid service, I expect much more than this. If this was an open source product then I'd understand, but it's not. And it's not cheap either.

I think Spotify should take a good look at some other companies in this space and consider the user experience of how they're providing support to their customer base.

Anyway, enough rant. How do I remove a person from my Spotify app? I'm not intersted in seeing what they listen to, and they're filling up my feed?

6 Replies

Hey simonvwade, welcome to the Community.

This is a great place to come to get answers from other Spotify users (and us mods, when we get a free moment). We also have a dedicated contact form if you want to drop us a line by email. We'll be happy to help out.

To remove a person you should just have to right-click them and select 'Remove this person.' This will only apply to friends you've manually added via their Spotify username, however.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Thanks for the response. I think I make valid points though about the fact there's no user guide or channel to get support from Spotify (rather than other users).

The person I'm trying to remove is a Facebook friend. Is it not possible to remove them?

Since your friends from Facebook are automatically imported it's not possible to remove them in Spotify itself. I do agree this doesn't seem very intuitive though, since you can remove other users manually added.

And regarding your first point again, we try to offer the best support we can. The help section of the website has some FAQs with a lot of answers, we maintain an active presence in this Community, offer dedicated email support via the contact form and can be reached on Twitter @SpotifyCares - what else would you like us to do?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Thanks for the detailed response. I think I understand your approach now. I was surprised to find no User Guide, and no simple way to ask for assistance directly from Spotify. So I supposed, I'd like to see these things, but given the prompt response here I'm now comfortable without these.

Thanks again.

o h o

Suggested posts