Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My speakers and computer sound work fine but spotify makes no sound when I press play

Solved!

My speakers and computer sound work fine but spotify makes no sound when I press play

Other programs such as Windows Media Player will play sound when I press play however Spotify won't and I was wondering what was wrong. My speaker and computer sound configuration settings haven't changed but it just stopped working!!!! Help Please.

Simon Harris

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Have you looked to see if you have "Enable Hardware Acceleration" checked in the Spotify preferences? Try unchecking this, applying the change and restarting Spotify and your computer.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Strange..

But what I did:

- removed Spotify

- Let Ccleaner clean up your computer

- Download Spotify

- Install Spotify

- Launch Spotify

- Make sure in Spotify the sound is not muted

- Right click on your speaker icon next to your time/date in the taskbar and click Open Volumemixer

- There says Spotify, and there I saw it was muted THERE. 

Just look better, that's the only thing I like to say now 😛

View solution in original post

40 Replies
Marked as solution

Have you looked to see if you have "Enable Hardware Acceleration" checked in the Spotify preferences? Try unchecking this, applying the change and restarting Spotify and your computer.

----------

I have the exact same problem, everything else just works fine, but when I try to play something in Spotify, it doesn't make any sound! And i disabled the 'enable hardware acceleration' which had no effect to me when i restarted.

Marked as solution

Strange..

But what I did:

- removed Spotify

- Let Ccleaner clean up your computer

- Download Spotify

- Install Spotify

- Launch Spotify

- Make sure in Spotify the sound is not muted

- Right click on your speaker icon next to your time/date in the taskbar and click Open Volumemixer

- There says Spotify, and there I saw it was muted THERE. 

Just look better, that's the only thing I like to say now 😛

That does it! Thanks!!

Hey Denven.

Thank you for Sharing this Solution with Community.

Ive recent;ly changed to Windows 7 and can get no sound on Spotify - Ive tried everything spotify recommend, all the volume setting are on the accelerator is right the firewall is not blocking spotify - Ive uninstalled then reinstalled - interestingly any radio podcast has sound but not my music . Its so so frustrating can anyone help at all or do I have to juist give up?  Steph

there seem to be alot of this going on and they are working on it.

Ha, nice!

Actually, it wasnt shown to be muted on my comp, but it was when I MUTED and THEN unmuted, when my sound came back xD

Thanks man, was stuck with this for 2 weeks already >_<

FIXED, ty 😄

Try muting spotify in vollume mixer and then unmuting. Worked for me.

I just uninstalled spotify, and then reinstalled; worked instantly! 

Thank you for this info. My speakers stopped working last week and it was driving me CRAZY.. The volume was not muted. But I uninstalled and then went and clicked the mute to on than back off and it woke it up.  I am grateful. Thank you. Working without music is unmotivating .

Thank You 

Thank you! I had problems after I updated spotify.  I did uninstall everything spotify (even in downloads) and reinstalled set up and all.  Now it is just fine!

Hasnt worked for me Ive never had any sound on spotify -0 drives me mad......

folks

I have the same issue - just got a new Windows 7 PC and Spotify doesn't work - tried the 'enable hardware accelerator'  fix but no joy - was going to try the deinstall option but worried this would lose all my playlists - or am I being dim ? 🙂

Yes Ive done all that to no avail just cant use spotify.

Nothing wrong with my eye sight sonny....

same here I can play radio pods but nothing else Ive tried all the hints and tips given on this site, and uninstalled and re installed, checked and un checked boxes.

Worked for me as well, thanks.

Sadly not for me - have re installed done everything thats recommended on here, with no luck!

Suggested posts