Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No more Spotify APPS

Solved!

No more Spotify APPS

Hey,

why there are no more Spotify Apps (like LAZIFY, MUSICMATCH) after the update? Where I can get the apps?

There were useful tools to create nice playlists.

please help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This is unacceptable. I cancelled my subscription. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Yes, this is really unacceptable. All the diversity, ability to discover new music and curation by really good companys and names just vanished. You silly people...! Installing older version *now* and disabling auto-update. Deezer is becoming more and more a serious option...

Marked as solution

I downloaded one previous version on http://spotify.softonic.com/descargar , now I have the apps again.

Marked as solution

Agree..

As a paying customer the least you could do is inform people of the change to get rid of the Apps and thus give us an option before removing them.  

Your reasoning on your developers page that you want to focus future mobile versions is just a simple way for you to force suppliers to put your development tools on their own sites and expand your empire.

Who loses?  Your loyal users - those of us who forked over 10 bucks a month for your service from the early days and told our friends to sign up.

I bet if you did your homework you'd find a lot of your longest running users are those using the apps.  But I guess your priorities are elsewhere...

44 Replies

same to me...

musicmatch was such a great app at parties...

Hello there and welcome to the community 🙂

Apps has been discontinued by Spotify.

But Musixmatch is still here. Click 'LYRICS' at the bottom right next to the bar.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Why spotify do that? Is there a way to get an older version of spotify, again?

Marked as solution

This is unacceptable. I cancelled my subscription. 

Hey guys, i find a way to "downgrade" spotify. (But only for mac, it should work for windows for the same way)

The Only thing you need is a older version.
On this website you get older versions of spotify for mac: http://mac.filehorse.com/download-spotify/old-versions/
Yeah and it works^^

Marked as solution

Yes, this is really unacceptable. All the diversity, ability to discover new music and curation by really good companys and names just vanished. You silly people...! Installing older version *now* and disabling auto-update. Deezer is becoming more and more a serious option...

You monsters!!!! I miss my apps why did you do that??

What is wrong with those guys developing spotify? I want my apps back! I'm not happy just with musixmatch 😕

Marked as solution

I downloaded one previous version on http://spotify.softonic.com/descargar , now I have the apps again.

Had to go back to the older version too, I need my apps, especially Pitchfork. But because of this omission in the new version, these apps are sure not to be kept up for long. I've been a big fan of Spotify and have a five account family plan but this is really killing the good vibe.

This is a mess.... I will cancel my family subsciption as soon as i have found an alternative. How the hell can you treat your customers so bad? I am really angry!

This is unacceptable why look after the Mobile community and dump the desktop users. I use Any Decent Music and BBC Playlister I now have to take the backwards step of looking at the web sites to do the same thing I can do in the client but without the ease of playing the album.

Who else would treat there customers like this except prehaps a dictatorship. Unacceptable Unacceptaple. Bring it back. I am so angry!

What. The. FACK !!!!!!

This is completely unacceptable!!!

Apps have been discontinued? Another BONEHEAD move. 

I'm cancelling this POS "service". Taking things away is not service, btw. It is robbing PAYING CUSTOMERS of their experience. I can't believe I've stuck around this long. Spotify has been on a downward trend for quite some time now. Abhorrent, AKA non-existent, customer service, favorite features are constantly being broken or taken away with NO choice. My only recourse is to install previous versions everytime spotify updates? RIDICULOUS.

Marked as solution

Agree..

As a paying customer the least you could do is inform people of the change to get rid of the Apps and thus give us an option before removing them.  

Your reasoning on your developers page that you want to focus future mobile versions is just a simple way for you to force suppliers to put your development tools on their own sites and expand your empire.

Who loses?  Your loyal users - those of us who forked over 10 bucks a month for your service from the early days and told our friends to sign up.

I bet if you did your homework you'd find a lot of your longest running users are those using the apps.  But I guess your priorities are elsewhere...

This is so dissapointing. I used the Pitchfork app almost daily

Yeah, this really takes away one of the main reasons to use Spotify.

I can't understand why you just removed one of the best features of Spotify, and even worse, you don't give us an official voice on this. Downgrading the version of spotify only will be a temporary solution I guess, until they kill permanently the apps.

Also very annoyed with the removal of the feature minimize to notification area.

Instead of adding new features you remove the old good ones? You are in the wrong way spotify!  `_´

Lyrics? Who cares about that? I don't look at the app when I'm listening to music. It sits in the background as I do other things. Time to look at other services. 

Suggested posts