Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

On linux ui.track_notifications_enabled=false deactivate dbus metadata access

On linux ui.track_notifications_enabled=false deactivate dbus metadata access

Hi!

With the native client under linux, I want to use the hidden prefs ui.track_notifications_enabled=false in order to hide notifications while I'm working. I'm using my own custom script to put non intrusive information about the current song in my awesome-wm top panel. This script fetch information from dbus.

But I've discovered than

• without ui.track_notifications_enabled pref or when its value is true, the metadata informations are correctly fetched
  • with ui.track_notifications_enabled=false dbus is unable to get any information about the current song.

Could you please fix it in order to let information flow to dbus, while preventing them to be passed to notification daemon ?

Thank you very much 🙂

1 Reply

Spotify don't actively monitor these forums all of the time, and since linux is not a supported app it is likely to be forgotten about in the pages of topics.

With that in mind, I would also suggest you mention this on the linux release notes topic directly:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotify-0-9-11-for-GNU-Linux/td-p/842969

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts