Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists not syncing - SPOTIFY SERVERS ISSUE!

Playlists not syncing - SPOTIFY SERVERS ISSUE!

I decided to create a new thread even though there is already one but seeing there is no solution I'm creating a new one as I believe I have new information which might help diagnose the problem:

I'm having the same issue that playlists are not syncinc at all. Creating, modyfing,removing playlists are not being synced at all.

I have a mobile and PC with Spotify Premium. Few weeks ago I have created 2 playlists on my work PC but they never showed up on the mobile. Yesterday as a test I created a playlist on my mobile and it did not show up on my PC either. So no syncinc was occuring between both devices. I have tried creating 2 new playlists and adding the songs to the new playlists but still nothing showed up. No playlists were syncinc at all..

Although, when I emailed the 2 playlists URL's via the PC to mobile (via right click on playlist->share), I was able to open the playlist link and see the playlist on my mobile, but it still did not show up on My Playlists. So the only way to access it was to click on the playlist URL in my mobile email.

So I tried: 1) set mobile app to offline mode, 2) logging out of both mobile and pc apps 3) unninstalling mobile app, 4) remove %appdata% spotify folder on pc, 5) unninstall and reinstall on pc. All without success. After all this my 2 beloved playlists were gone from my pc so that's crap (however I did backup appdata).

Now, it would be safe to assume that the playlists were never synced to the server but they were, because even after deleting everything and removing appdata I can still open the playlist URL that I have sent previously via email and the playlist will open. https://open.spotify.com/user/1157816250/playlist/2EN2D2ttWH1Zxzq7tjegUL . It says the playlist belongs to me, I can open it, listen to the tracks as if it was my own, well actually it is , it just doesn't show up on my profile. If I open the pc app and search for profiles with my name, the playlist will not display there but I still can access it via the url. Yes I have checked it is set to public.

So what is actually the problem? LT;DR ? I thought the playlists were not syncinc because it did not show up on the devices but sharing the URL works and it says it's my playlist. So it is synced with the server it just doesn't sync it back.

Also as last resort I tried something else and I got an interesting result which rules out any problem with the mobile and pc app and probably indicates something with the spotify servers?? I tried opening Spotify web app and all my old playlists were there but not any newly created ones. When I tried creating a new playlist it just hangs on loading and it does not create it, which might indicate some problem with the servers/programming/last update?? Screenshot below. I tried different browsers with the same result. Also right clicking on a playlist in the web app and choosing DELETE, then on the small popup window Confirm the delete it just doesn't delete it.

With my provided information I hope that the support can pinpoint what the problem is and fix the issues as I'm not the only one with issues.

Thanks!

Untitled.png
2 Replies

I've the same problem. It is solved for you now?

I've try to acess my profile on http://t.co/q1uExYZER3 ... No way to see my collections

the player is stuck on
Request URL:wss://lon2-linkap-a2.ap.spotify.com/
Request Method:GET
Status Code:101 Switching Protocols

After contacting the support via Twitter, the solution for me was deconnecting, login with a another accont (guest account) on a device, then deconnect again, and finally connect with your normal account.

This solved my problem. Hope this help.

Seems it's related to a server caching issue.

Regards, Dom

Suggested posts