Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove from startup

Solved!

Remove from startup

Spotify automatically starts up when I turn my computer on. How do I stop that? I am using windows 7 os.

169 Replies

I´m afraid that the options in the prefernces does not appears.

Is incredible that Spotify use such stupid policy of force autolaunching. Maybe they think that they are the centre of the world

Not at all. The preferences do not give you the option. 

I managed somehow to get rid of Spotify adding itself to startup.

I had also the issue that even though I chose "no" instead of minimized in the advanced settings, Spotify kept changing that again to "minimized" after restarting it. Those issues are now again present after upgrading to version 1.0.12.

I am tired of Spotify and considering unsubscribe "premium", as there is "ALWAYS" something wrong at each new build release

Is there a way to get rid of "startup" issue and that I DO NOT WANT it to start minimized?

This is the solution that worked for me, with Windows Vista.  Hooray!  But I wish I understood why it works.

Paying subscriber here and this is annoying as **bleep**. It's going to force me to delete from work computer, at which point, I'll just cancel since that's where I use it most. 

Everytime this **bleep**ing program updates itself it goes and overwrites my msconfig settings and turns the autolaunch on. 

This **bleep** is annoying as hell. I don't see the advantage of this. Imagine if all your apps where to auto start, what a mess. Spotify, stop beeing such a attention whore and start behaving more like a profesional application.

Marked as solution

It's under Preferences, click on Advanced Settings. Under (Startup and Windows Behaviour) is the setting that you need. Was annoying me to but found the solution.

I have done everything the forum has suggested so far with no results. is there truly a solution to this problem or we all just talking?

Didn't work for me. Any other ideas?

At the bottom of the page click in "SHOW ADVANCED SETTINGS".

WEll that was helpful spotify...not!!!

Same control of the screens that apple employs.

spotify does not stop loading at startup no matter what you do.  im uninstalling the program and canceling my subscription

1. It is under Edit > Preferences.
  2. You have to then click the button to "Show Advanced Settings."
  3. In the "Startup and Windows behavior" section, set "Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer" to No.

Incorrect! has I've done that about 300 times and it still starts up on every fresh reboot. good try though… Spotify desktop is just a malicious spyware I guess

Wrong! wrong! wrong! it doesn't stop no matter what you do. ive even gone into the registry and elected anything to do with startup or Spotify. it just keeps starting itself up for no reason… I can't even find the event where it's called to run! and from now on if anyone posts here to tell us one more time to go into advanced settings and turn it off, go ahead and take a walk into traffic… because if it were that simple then you definitely wouldn't find me here posting about it! ive never found a program more malicious in its startup practices as Spotify…

You are soooooo right, wbarber69 . They must have put something in their last update to not allow users to disable automatic startup.  EXTREMEMLY BAD!!!!!

This has been a problem for nearly 3 years

If you have a program that blocks Spotify ads and it is set to startup on login/start then it will launch Spotify too!

I don't black ads I pay for Spotify and still get f#cked over

Solved in Windows 10 Home

Regedit

Go to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartupApproved\Run] and delete keys "Spotify Web Helper" and "Spotify"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] and delete key "Spotify Web Helper"

Task scheduler

Search in CareCenter all tasks related to spotify and disable it.

2017-06-15.png

Suggested posts