Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some songs are grayed out for me (Windows & Ubuntu clients) and on a friend's account too

Some songs are grayed out for me (Windows & Ubuntu clients) and on a friend's account too

Hello,

These songs by Evanescence are grayed out and won't play:

Evanescence – Bring Me To Life

Evanescence – Everybody's Fool

Evanescence – My Immortal

When I double click on either client, Spotify says "This track is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.". Today, I noticed they are grayed out, too.

I noticed this only a few days ago. These are not local, they are not cached, they don't play at work (Windows client) or at home (Ubuntu client). I asked a friend to check (I sent the spotify URL of My Immortal via Skype) and he said Spotify can't find the track for him, too.

I like those songs and I'd love to be able to listen to them on Spotify, as opposed to ad-ridden YouTube.

Thanks,

Dilyan Rusev

22 Replies

What country are you in?

Unfortunately things do go missing and later reappear, all in a mysterious music industry licensing kinda of way!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Well first hello dilyanrusev and welcome to the Spotify community!!

When I saw your post I had to laugh and ask my self why are these songs not avalible to you because I ironicaly had bring me to life playing when I stumbled on to your post!

As had been posted previously to me it may have to do with where in the world you are as some record companies and artists only allow their music to be licenced in some countries.

However you may want to continue to check Spotify as it may be that they will gain the rights to the song or may fix the problem so the song will randomly appear and be able to play!!

I hope this helps you and don't hesitate to ask if you need anything else!!!!!

If this helped you please think about giving me KUDOS!!

If this solved your problem think about marking it a solution

Thanks So Much- Chris_Cornell

Thank you for your replies.

I live in Bulgaria, and my guess is that I will have to wait until they are available again.

The weird thing is, only these three songs don't play - all the other songs in Fallen are OK - including the band version of My Immortal.

I'm having the exact same problem! I'm in Ireland, btw.

I have the same problem in Chile

Same problem in the Uk!! No Call me when sober or lithium but other songs on the album appear!

I'm in Australia and have bee missing Bring Me To Life, Call Me When You're Sober, and Lithium since not long after I created my Evanescence playlist. They were there, and then one day, POOF!

Same thing in Norway. Can someone confirm whether they are indeed meant to be unavailable or if this is a mistake?

Yup same happens to me in Portugal

I am getting the same problem except the whole album other than bring me to life is unavailable. It's also unavailable on Apple Music. What is it with this song????

Also a bunch of songs of their album "The Open Door" are not even showing up.

I'm having a problem with Bring Me To Life from the album Fallen as well. It's the only track that won't play from this album for me, and it's not even grayed out, it just won't play (doesn't appear in search results either, only visibe in album but not grayed out).

Same here, Brazil.

It's been a while for that for me as well (and some other artists)... what's funny is that on Apple Music it's all cool... and Spotify give any hints, etc... it's almost like they're saying "please go use Apple Music"

Same here....argentina

USA here, the whole Fallen album's gone now, as of a couple days ago. All the other albums are fine. This stinks, because Fallen was my favorite of theirs.

EDIT: Album's back up now! WHOO!

Here in the UK, the studio version of Bring me to Life is unavailable. All other tracks appear to be available... Why? It makes no sense!

Liam

Same here in Singapore

In Italy doesn't work too.

I'm thinking to switch on apple music

Suggested posts