Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Queue Glitch when using Connect.

Spotify Queue Glitch when using Connect.

I was not sure where to put this, because it seems to be an interaction between all of my devices, and I am not absolutely certain which device is causing the problem.

---Devices---

Spotify app installed on my Computer (W7x64)

and it is on my Nexus 5 (5.1?JellyBean)

iPad2 (iOS8)

Gramofon Spotify Player setup on my stereo as well.

---Problem---

I listen to album A on my phone.

I stop playing music on my phone (android).
I launch the Spotify player and start album B playing via connect to my Gramofon (or previously my iPad) hooked to my stereo.
It plays the first track of album B, and then starts playing album A on the gramofon/iPad via connect, with no interaction to the phone.

summary: Whatever I was listening to on my phone will over-ride any other connect session *repeatedly* until i kill the app in the phone.

I usually have to go in and force-quit the app in Android but I'm not positive that *always* works, or just intermittently. This happens frequently.

Like, evertim.

I would appreciate some solace and perhaps a bug fix or something. Other than that I couldnt be more thrilled with Spotify, and this connect feature is absolutely lovely.

Sorry if this post already exists, I did a cursory search but wasnt able to find a match.

16 Replies

There are known issues with queue and connect. The play queue doesn't work properly over connect right now, but it is a known issue and it's being looked into.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same issue here using Spotify Connect on my receiver.

Same issue for 3+ years.... The other thing is play count.

Hummm... now it worked. I'm going to queue like mad.

So, I'm not sure what happened between yesterday and today, but it is playing my phone queue from my computer with no issues, but the song being displayed on my phone is not the one playing. I can live with that.

Only up to five (5) songs can be queued via connect.

Check your repeat and shuffle buttons. I have noted that if you have repeat selected than you can only queue 1 song. Still screwing around with it, and enjoying daiquiris.

My computer will change to what my Android was playing at random intervals.

My Gramofon will change to what my Android was playing at random intervals.
My iPad will change to what my Android was playing at random intervals.

Even after changing back to the intended selection, whatever was playing last in the Android app will over-ride what ever else is playing on any other device.

Nothing ever over-rides what my Android is playing.

The problem is your Android app, and I think it prioritizes whatever is in the Android App's queue over any other device.

THIS IS ANNOYING AS HELL.

please. fix. 😞

Nexus 5.

Spotify Premium.

Playing Saved Albums.

Jellybean 5.1.1

UPDATE:

Despite chosing a selection on my PC, my phone would retain its local queue. After reading above responses, I forced my phone to skip through the rest of the songs on the album it was playing. Only once I did so, and the phone's queue was empty, did the phone respond to my new play-selection on made on my PC, showing the appropriate "now playing" album, and not what it was previously playing.

UPDATE 2.

F---ing phone playlist tookover again. smh. I have killed the app in the running process multiple times, but it and its services reboot themselves. Not sure what else to do at this point.

Trying to queue songs when usjng spotify connect has been driving me mad for ages. But there are multiple entries on this forum all solved, the "solution": it's a known issue. If this isn't fixed soon I'll just switch.

Hey there @Markurz

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. We'll do our best to help you sort this out.

Would you mind giving us a bit more details about the issue you're experiencing? 

It would also be helpful if you could let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried so we can give you better suggestions. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Often times when I am connected to a spotify connect device (Sonos and Up2Stream) I can not add songs to the queue. Sometimes it says "added to the queue" sometimes it dosen't, regardless nothing appears in the queue and the next song of the "secondary queue" (dont know how its called) plays. Additionaly when I try to move a song to the top of the secondary queue it just it dissapears.

I have tried restarting both my phone and the speaker. Both can fix it, but not always and never for long.

Hey @Markurz

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to confirm, have you tried performing a clean reinstall of the app? This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if the same thing happens when you play music directly through your phone's speakers?

Keep us posted!

NovyModerator

I have done a clean install once it fixed it also but I can't remember for how long. And regarding the other question, it never happens when I play the music on my device only when using spotify connect. 

Hi @Markurz

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you send over a video where we can take a better look at this issue? 

You can attach it to your next response to us by using the Insert Video option in the post editor, just make sure to exclude any personal info from it

We'll be right here.

NovyModerator

Here you can see one of the issues, where I cant queue anything.

Hey there @Markurz,

Thank you for your reply and for the screen recording.

Can you try the following:

• Check if Spotify version and device firmware are up to date
  • Restart your router
  • Log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts