Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify black screen (Windows 7)

Spotify black screen (Windows 7)

Hi since yesterday I've been having this problem. Every time I open Spotify on my computer the thing just goes black. I've searched for a solution online but it's just not working for me. You should know that it worked for a while yesterday. But today I'm having this problem again. I'ts pretty annoying since I don't know how to solve it nor do I have a clue of what I could do

this is how it looks. Thanks in advance 

SPOTFIY DE MIERDA.jpg

15 Replies

Hello!
Please uninstall Spotify and reinstall it using this installer:
http://download.spotify.com/SpotifyFullSetup.exe
Tell me if it worked, please. Kudos would be appreciated 😉

same problem for me. I've uninstalled Spotify, than installed new version. Logged in, and again black screen 😞

There are some things that worked for some users.

• Open Run (Start -> run, or press windows key + R) and paste "%APPDATA%\Spotify\spotify.exe --disable-accelerated-layers --disable-accelerated-fixed-root-background". This should start spotify without hardware acceleration.

or

• Delete russian language file "C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\locales\ru.mo"

Did both actions and it helped (after I've removed russian language)

Removing russian language did the trick.

how do i delete russian language file?

thank you

Same problems as above cant seem to fix the problem

Yep Im having the same Prob,tryed everything not working, its starting to give me the sh*t`s big time......

Yep tryed it,Will not load, Comes back code 17, Looked up what code 17 is and followed instruction`s still no good. regards Brad.

I had same problem but got it fixed. Right click on the Spotify shortcut go to (Properties) and then go to (Compatibility) and change to Windows 7. Should work when you change it.

spotify.png

In addition to what you suggested:

Right click properties > Click Compatibility (Tab) > Change Settings for all users >
uncheck the box which states "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"

Thank you very much, _this_ has helped. Been searching for an answer for literally months. 

Hey. I'm having the same problems with the black screen. Can you please explain how to do those actions for the electronically challenged of us? I don't really understand how to do it.

Thanks!

Right click on the Spotify icon

Click on Properties

Then go to Compatibility

Check "Run this program in compatibility for." And change the Windows to the version your PC uses. Windows 7, Vista, XP, Windows 10, etc whichever one is the one you have. Then click Apply and Ok.

Restart your pc and it should work!

I Copied the entire spotify folder to my c:/ and executed from there, it works fine now.

Suggested posts