Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps skipping

Solved!

Spotify keeps skipping

Every since I installed Spotify on my computer, it keeps skipping every few seconds with practically every single song. I tried re-installing but still experience the same problem. Not really sure what else to do, but it's pretty annoying.

228 Replies

Same here... ever since I downgraded for one month it just skips random songs when streaming on desktop under Windows.

This just plain su***

Spotify, you need to fix this. You can't have prmium members just being unable to stream music. I am tempted on downgrading once and for all.

Marked as solution

Unconnect with your internet network and try again!

I still have this problem both on spotify desktop and web wersion. I've tried all the solution above, but nothing... What i can do? 

same here... please fix it ASAP...

Same, in all platform...
Marked as solution

This was the solution for me on Mac (and the solution ONLY would apply to Mac).

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Mac/Stream-cuts-in-and-out/m-p/1321576#M8370

This annoying problem still remains... I've tried on different computers, on different browsers but nothing... Spotify still skipping every track i try to listen to... Very very annoying... A definitive solution is needed....

I just solved the Problem for me:

I set my Soundcard to 41000 Hz insted of the 48000 which was default. 

I hope this helps anyone!

Unfortunately, this solution doesn't work for me... In addition, the desktop version stops at the end of every single track. I've to manually skipping at the next track...

Spotify keeps skipping songs on Chrome. After I select a genre, it plays one song and it will skip or hang. Otherwise, it has problem connecting to Spotify. Can you help please?

wut the **bleep** are you talkin about

First time I've had studder issues since joiing. Noticed it started studdering on reg media playback as well. Reconnected network and all media playback including spotify stopped studdering.

Just upgraded to win 10 today. Maybe something there.

this did not work for me cause it says the folder cannot be found. I even doubledchecked to see that I was entering my mac username correctly. Any advise? Are you sure that's the correct location file thing? I don't know much about this computing stuff so I greatly apreciate this btw thank you. This skipping sucks!

Mine skips every few seconds on every song on my android, roku, pc and car. It's incredibly frustrating!!!

Solution is go to playback devices

Than select what you are using to listen

Than Go to properties

Than Advanced 

Than Select Default format (CD Quality)

This is what is the problem, it does this when (for me) you have more than 8-10 tabs open. So close a few of those tabs! 

What a piece of **bleep**ing **bleep** client. I can't believe this is an issue... surely they can use some hashing to detect if the songs are cached with breaks like this and fix it. Paying for spotify sucks when it's broken.

Hi have the same problem in my IOS devices (both iPhone and iPad)

It is very strange. I have this proble only when connecting my IOS devices to my ROTEL RA1570.

In the past this issue ocurred when I played music in the IOS devices using iTunes but the problem disapeared after a newer version of the IOS was realesed. However Spotify still has the problem. It seems that apple managed to correct the issue in its new IOS version but Spotify did not. 

On the other hand spotify works very nicely when I connect my IOS devices to other equipment (e.g. car stereo) or when I coonect my PC to my ROTEL RA1570.

Sopotify developers please investigate this issue, it is quite annoying and I am pretty sure it is a software bug.

How do I fix it I'm not happy about this I pay for and I can't listen to my music in my car

I am using a RealTech soundcard and I was having a problem with skipping. I found that changing the frequency on the driver from 24bit to 16 bit worked. Also, I re-installed the driver software. So far no issues. 

Suggested posts