Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify skips tracks immediately, won't play any tracks PC VOIP

Solved!

Spotify skips tracks immediately, won't play any tracks PC VOIP

Hi, I'm playing spotify on my desktop, not sure if it's related to just switching to a VOIP service where the ethernet cable now goes in and out of the phone to the PC, where it went directly to the PC before, but when I click on a track it starts playing the track for less than a second, then immediately skips to the next song, and again all the way down the list of tracks, can't play anything.

Any ideas? Internet otherwise works fine since using VOIP. I triied turning off "enable hardware acceleration" under Compatibility Settings, no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

FIXED! - using method mentioned by the user - iknowmystuff - below, I looked at my driver and found that it hadn't installed itself properly.

Installed the audio driver that came with Windows 10 through device manager and bob's my uncle it's back to working fine - no skipping at all.. 

Problem

The High Definition Audio Codec that my system has been using until Windows 10 no longer works,...

Solution

High Definition Audio Device Driver DOES WORK! (the one included in Windows 10)

This is how mine was fixed

• If reinstalling the driver doesn't work, then try using the generic audio driver that comes with Windows. Here's how: in Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) your audio driver > Update driver software... Browse my computer for driver software Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, select High Definition Audio Device, select Next, and then follow the rest of the instructions to install it.

This is the Microsoft community page where the answer came from - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/mp3-sound-not-working-rig...

Hope this also helps others who have the same issues, thanks a lot to the above sources.. :0)

Cheers -

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

OK, so the problem has now stopped for me.

I did a few updates on my PC, Java, Flash, general Windows updates, and now I can play songs as normal. Spotify suggested reinstalling the application on my PC, but I didn't have to try that in the end.

I was also having problems with SoundCloud yesterday, so I figured it was probably something to do with the settings/software on my machine.

Marked as solution

This has happened to me twice now on my Windows 10 desktop. Spotify had been working fine for a long time, then one day it just started skipping through the songs as soon as I tried playing.

The fix for me was to reset my "Speakers / Headphones" playback device settings to defaults (even though I don't believe I'd ever modified them myself). Right click the speaker icon in the system tray and select "Playback devices", then select the "Speakers / Headphones" playback device and choose "Properties." On the Properties dialog, select the Advanced tab, then click "Restore Defaults."

spotify.png

42 Replies

Have the same problem 

Windows 10

I'm getting the same error too. Driving me insane.

Same here! Worked perfectly on mobile, just installed on pc and can't get anything to play

I'm getting this same error on my desktop Win 10 and my android Samsung Note 3.

I have this problem as well.  It was working perfectly on my desktop app before the spotify update and now after the update it skips virtually immediately so that it looks like just a blur of songs being skipped through until it has gone through the playlist or artist list I am on.  Can't play anything.

At least I'm not alone. This is so frustarting! Any solutions yet? 

Solved the problem on Windows 10!!

Found out my audio driver (Conexant) wasn'f fully compatible with my laptop hardware and Windows 10. So I just switched to the basic audio that came with Windows 10.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/mp3-sound-not-working-rig...

I restarted my computer and updated my java. I have no clue why that would
help but something got it running again.

Hi, I've also got this problem and have had it for a week or two. 

Windows 10 PC (I don't use VOIP in any shape or form though). Not sure whether it was a Spotify update or the change to Windows 10 that threw it out.

Works fine in Chrome, and on my Android phone, but the desktop app skips through all tracks in any playlist from top to bottom imediately. when it gets to the bottom it stops and tells me it can't find any tracks... I'm online fine throughout, and have reinstalled Spotify several times but no difference. 

Has anyone heard any solutions other than the work arounds above? - Any word from Spotify support? - is that likely or do we have to just sit back and wait for the next update?

Another point may be worth noting is that with the app running and playing fine on my phone, I can still control it from the desktop through wifi as per usual without any problem or skipping, but switch to the desktop entirely and its skipperty doo daa !

Cheers -

Have the same really annoying problem.

When I opened Spotify I got a message about new terms, clicked "I agree", clicked the link for restarting/update Spotify and then songs where shuffled every 1 second.

I have similar problem. But my PC is W7. And some musics are just not playing just on my pc. It's really annoying.

My PC is also W7. Restarted computer and now it seems to work 🙂

Marked as solution

FIXED! - using method mentioned by the user - iknowmystuff - below, I looked at my driver and found that it hadn't installed itself properly.

Installed the audio driver that came with Windows 10 through device manager and bob's my uncle it's back to working fine - no skipping at all.. 

Problem

The High Definition Audio Codec that my system has been using until Windows 10 no longer works,...

Solution

High Definition Audio Device Driver DOES WORK! (the one included in Windows 10)

This is how mine was fixed

• If reinstalling the driver doesn't work, then try using the generic audio driver that comes with Windows. Here's how: in Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) your audio driver > Update driver software... Browse my computer for driver software Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, select High Definition Audio Device, select Next, and then follow the rest of the instructions to install it.

This is the Microsoft community page where the answer came from - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/mp3-sound-not-working-rig...

Hope this also helps others who have the same issues, thanks a lot to the above sources.. :0)

Cheers -

Marked as solution

OK, so the problem has now stopped for me.

I did a few updates on my PC, Java, Flash, general Windows updates, and now I can play songs as normal. Spotify suggested reinstalling the application on my PC, but I didn't have to try that in the end.

I was also having problems with SoundCloud yesterday, so I figured it was probably something to do with the settings/software on my machine.

Here Spotify skips all songs in a playlist when the computer has waken from sleep mode.
Restarting the computer fixes it till after the next sleep mode.
All other sound apps work without problems.

Windows 10 - Spotify 1.0.12.161.g64b0797c

This solution worked for me. I have an USB Asio sound card (Tascam US-366)

http://line6.com/support/topic/133-audio-in-windows-8-randomly-stops-working-with-ux2/

Greets.

You, ladie, fixed not one, but two problems for me.

Thanks for taking the time and share the fix!

Same symptoms on windows 8.1.  I had disabled the audio driver watching a movie via HDMI last night and enabling the default driver was the solution.

thaaaaaank you so much this works mean, even works on windows 10

Suggested posts