Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't connect altough the rest of my internet based programmes are functioning perfectly

Spotify won't connect altough the rest of my internet based programmes are functioning perfectly

I just discovered that I cannot connect with spotify, even tough there is no problem with my internet connection.

Im kind of in a hurry to cononect because I have some download credits that expire tomorrow..

Anyone experiencing the same problems?

Any tips for fixing this?

42 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Do you get any error messages when you try and connect? Posting them here would be a great help! 😉

Also are you running any security or firewall software? Some programs automatically block Spotify because it uses peer-to-peer connections, so you will need to add it as an exception in your software.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue !

@DiscoCoul wrote:
Hi, I am experiencing the same issue !

Welcome 🙂

Any error messages or numbers?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

Hey all, try restarting your internet connection (disconnect/reconnect wifi, pull the ethernet out etc).

Then open spotify again. If that doesn't work, reinstall 🙂

i actually had the same problem than i looked at what peerblock was blocking and it was demolishing all spotify ip addresses so you will have to alter your lists if using this program

um, i had the same problem which persisted for more than 2 weeks. my webplayer seemed to work fine but the desktop app wouldnt connect even though my internet was fine.

i think i just fixed it by running spotifyhelper.exe and spotifywebhelper.exe which i found in the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Data folder.

not sure what caused them to stop running. Please reply here if it works for anyone else having this issue

It actually did work for me! Thanks!

I have the same issue, it just says connecting constantly and never actually gets anywhere or stops trying, no error messages or anything.
I'm using Windows 8

Just so I can orient myself, which situation is happening

1. You launch Spotify and login successfully, but the application doesn't display anything in the window.
  2. You launch Spotify but cannot login: it either returns with an error or just continually tries to login but never succeeds or fails.

Apepars to log in ok, however application displays nothing and just continues to say connecting

Voisey2008 wrote:

Apepars to log in ok, however application displays nothing and just continues to say connecting

I've experienced this myself, and it only appeared during the implementation of websense with my former employer. They confirmed it was blocking portions of Spotify but being very early in the implementation, didn't yet have a handle on how to fully allow or fully block Spotify.  The workaround in my case was to use one of our proxies to bypass Websense until they got it all configured.

Have you tried

1. fully uninstaling Spotify
  2. cleaning up anything potentially left behind (e.g.: Deleting C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Spotify where <USERNAME> is your user name on that machine)
  3. reinstalling Spotify using the the full offline installer (http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe).

Is this a home PC or school/corporate PC?

I have a nexus 5 and a nexus 7 tablet and on occasion i find that spotify states that it is offline when in fact my connection is fine....getting fed up witht this spotify...as a paying customer i dont expect this to happen as often as it does....I dont know if u have some kind of queing system but surely paying customers should have priority if the servers are overloading..I repeat...there is NOTHING wrong with my connection...Please get it sorted...ha det bra!

@slob wrote:
[...]....getting fed up witht this spotify...as a paying customer i dont expect this to happen as often as it does....I dont know if u have some kind of queing system but surely paying customers should have priority if the servers are overloading..I repeat...there is NOTHING wrong with my connection...Please get it sorted...ha det bra!

Have you opened a ticket with Spotify on this issue here: https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

Should you receive some sort of automated reply, even if it is one of those 'no-reply' emails, reply to that email anyway.

Worked a treat. Thanks!

Hey there alexdack!  Thanks for taking the time to reply and share your results!

Take care and happy streamin'! 🙂

error code 4

No internet connection. It is not blocked by firewall, has 2 other computers with windows 10 and where it works, but not on the desktop PC with windows 10. Have tried all suggestions that are written here in the Community. Getting code 52 when I install on Spotify.

@Rolf2Some questions for you:

• Is this on your home network?  (vs a corporate or school network)
  • Is this on your personal computer?  (vs a corporate or school issued computer)
  • Is there a firewall running on your computer?  (This could be the built-in Windows firewall or some third-party solution like McAfee, Norton/Symantec, Kaspersky etc.)
  • Does the Spotify webplayer work?

Some people have reported success by manually creating firewall exclusions for Spotify.  Although the firewall shouldn't be blocking it, and other things are able to access the Internet, this may still be worth exploring.

Suggested posts