Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't download!

Solved!

Spotify won't download!

I have had spotify for a while now but about a month ago it deleted itself from my laptop. I have tried at least 10 times to re install it but after I have pressed run, the spotify installer just disappears. Someone please help? It is so annoying!

42 Replies

Hey everyone, I had the same problem. I restarted my computer and everything was okay.

I am still getting the same issue of Spotify not downloading. The error that keeps popping up says that spotify is already running and to exit out of it. The only porblem is Spotify is not running on neither my phone nor my computer

It's stressing me out because I went to the link for the mac (because I'm using a mac) but its still not working...so I dont know what to do anymore!!!! please help!!!!!

Hey @mashtonskiwi,

Try using this link. Let me know how it goes. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Peter,

I want to sincererly tell you how much I appreciate your solution.   I tried for hours to download it from the site itself and found the installation process to be impossible.  The link you provided had Spotify on my Windows 10 set-up in less than a minute.  May you have  a beautiful week ahead. 
With Gratitude!!!!!

**bleep** thank you so much that really help!

I uninstalled my spotify and I tried to reinstall it but I keep getting the same message "Spotify is already running, please close it and try again." I can't close it if I ALREADY uninstalled it. How can I fix this and reinstall spotify?? 

Hey @bonbonmouse,

Try this:

1. Download Spotify.
  2. Restart your computer in Safe Mode. To do this, press and hold the F8 key as your computer is restarting.
  3. In Safe Mode, open the Spotify Installer (from where it’s saved on your PC) and go through the installation process.

4. Once Spotify is installed, restart your computer normally.
  5. Open Spotify.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I've used this link but now Spotify looks completely different with a different shade of green and no titles on any of the pages. Is this a legit download?

I used your link for Windows and it's downloaded a spotify version that looks almost completely different and won't close when I exit off the app.

wait until the error shows up and the download is done. after that got to this file "C:\Users\NameOfPc\AppData\Roaming\Spotify" find the spotify.exe try to run that and or the spotifylauncher.exe and see if this may work. this is what i did had put so much time into trying to get it fix for something as simple as this. hope this helps someone

I've tried downloading Spotify so many times, but it always says that Spotify doesn't have the necessary files to download (Error 13). Please help!

I had error 18. Suggestions?

I doesn't work for me it starts installing then says can't install Spotify error code 17

Hey @Jonathan100,

Try this:

1. Download Spotify.
  2. Restart your computer in Safe Mode. To do this, press and hold the F8 key as your computer is restarting.
  3. In Safe Mode, open the Spotify Installer (from where it’s saved on your PC) and go through the installation process.
  5. Open Spotify.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

What I had to do what go to my taskmaster, click more details, scroll down, and then right click Spotify and click "End Task". Good Luck!

I tried doing this and it still does not work for my computer.

the installer is unable to install because the files use to be written in another process.please make sure spotify is not running an retry code 18 

please help

Hey @VANNESIA21

Try this:

1. Download Spotify.
  5. Open Spotify.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts