Help - Desktop (Linux, Windows, Web Player)

Gig Goer
Accepted Solution

Spotify won't play music at all

Hello, 

Does anyone have a real solution to the fact that spotify doesn't play ANYTHING (neither local nor remote songs). 

I have tried various solutions found on Spotify Community : 

-  Uninstall / reinstall Spotify and Update flash play

-  Update Quicktime

-  Unlick the local files in preferences

-  Change proxy settings

I have been over a month without music and am literally having a depression for not being able to listen to music at work. Plus i'm starting to get annoyed because I have paid a month's subscription for nothing. 

Who thou shalt solve my problem will be sent one kick ass playlist.

Larry

Re: Spotify won't play music at all

Hey Larry,

Are you getting any error messages at all in your Spotify? What are the exact symptoms?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Music Fan

This Is the exact same problem as I have, After paying for a subscription i feel completely ripped of after not being able to listen to a single song ! when I click on a song it registers that i have listened to it on facebook and the artwork appears it the bottom corner of spotify but nothing happens from then no error message and no song ! Pretty frustating as it just suddenly decided to stop working !

Gig Goer

No error messages.

Connects to internet fine : "What's New" is refreshed at start up, spotify social works, literally just playback doesn't work.  

Not an account  problem as my spotify works on other computers...

Not really much more I can say....

Music Fan

I also get no sound when using spotify. Same symptons:

Artwork shows up

Shows as being played in queue

Length is shown at bottom but continually stays at 0 even though it is "playing".

Here is what I see:

spotify-no-audio.jpg

Spotify Version: 0.8.3.222.g317ab79d

QuickTime Player Version: 7.7.2 (1680.56)

Not sure how to check Flash player version...

Anything else I need to provide so you can help troubleshoot?

Music Fan

[ Edited ]

Just add ing to the thread. Have the exact same problem. The slider just sits on 0. Worked fine a couple of weeks ago (have been away, haven't listened in a that time). Have resinstalled, updated quicktime and unlinked local files.

Gig Goer

Hello all (who had the same problem) ,

I opened my spotify today and it has magically worked again! Does it work for you too??? 

I noticed a supposidly server problem saturday (spotify on my mac was down for like 5 hours).  Maybe the fix to that caused the fix to this....

Music Fan

I have the exakt same problem and have had for months now. Nothing I do seems to work. Signed up for Unlimited and thought that that would solve my problem (silly me) but now I have paid for Unlimited for several months without being able to play music. Getting a bit frustraded here. :/

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

What version of Windows are you all using? Have you all tried a clean reinstall of your Spotify?

You can get directions here: http://www.spotify.com//help/faq/tech/clean-reinstallation-of-spotify/

If you all could provide as much information about the problem as you can, it'll help us look into it.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Gig Goer

I can´t play, too. (local and online songs)

I´ve reinstalled Quicktime, Spotify and it still doesn´t work.

No error messages

Announcements
Test Spotify Connect
Would you like to help QA test Connect? If so, please log in or register.

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.