Help - Desktop (Linux, Windows, Web Player)

Music Lover

Spotify won't play some songs

Hi I am using Windows 7 64 bit iTunes will play a certain song, but Spotify won't. This is a song file which is compatible with Spotify and it doesn't have DRM on it. Please help. Its acutually not this only song. I keep finding more that it can't play, but these files aboslutely do not have DRM on them. When I press play, nothing happens.

All Replies
Music Fan

Re: Spotify won't play some songs

[ Edited ]

Ditto here.  Win7 64bit.  This Windows app is not ready for prime time.

I have a macbook on the same network, and spotify for mac works flawlessly and plays everything perfectly, local or 'net.

The Windows app just stares back at me when I click play >.   The play > button does change to a pause || button, but nothing else happens. The scrubber stays at 0:00. This happens on local files as well as network (Spotify) music.

I have premium, but this app is definatley NOT premium.

Talent Scout

Perhaps look at this thread: here.

--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!
Music Lover

It worked! Thank you!!! ^_^

Concert Regular

Unfortunately did not resolve the problem for me.

Music Lover

Check to see if there is a musical note icon next to the song on the right hand side. If there is, the file is pointing to a local file on your hard drive and is not properly linked.  Two things you can do - right click on the song and select 'unlink' which then unlinks the song from your computer stored file - or go to 'local files' on the left hand menu - select all files, and delete.  Once you follow these steps, all songs should play.

Music Fan

THANKYOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!! this worked perfectly when nothing else did!!!! i am SO GRATEFUL!!!!!

Music Fan

This helped me too -- finally!  Thank you.

Music Fan

Thanks a lot Kuhooe! I was facing the same issues as detailed in this thread, and unlinking the tracks worked perfectly. :)

This thread should be sticky imo.

Music Fan

PERFECT!!!!!!!!

Announcements
Test Spotify Connect
Would you like to help QA test Connect? If so, please log in or register.

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.