Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stream Keeps Cutting Out

Stream Keeps Cutting Out

I had been using the free version of Spotify and noticed that the stream kept getting interrupted (pausing). At first you'd assume a bandwidth issue my end. Unlikely as I am in a City and have a consistent 10mb connection.

Anyway to be sure I tried a well known UK competitor beginning with D and there was no issue streaming from them.

Must be the free service? So I upgraded to unlimited, still getting an interrupted stream!

I followed the uninstall and cache clearing procedure, the reinstalled and still no joy.

Currently I have a Spotify account that is unlistenable (if that is such a word) and I am having to use D(UK) in the meantime.

Suggestions?

284 Replies

Hey guys, for those with Ziggo: we've made some changes and initial tests show the severity of the problem to be mitigated.

Any feedback from you with reports of how it's faring now would be great.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi

I have posted here a few times before and am using windows 7 on laptop via virgin isp.

Yesterday I noticed a distinct improvment with hardly any stuttering or cutouts even during the usual peak time of around 5.00pm to 7pm. Will keep you posted.

Clive.

Seems ok now Richard, thanks!

But it seemed ok before when it wasn't later, will keep you updated!

ipod with ziggo, more stable playback but still hickups. 

hi all

its been a lot worse again today, so looks like that was a false dawn two days ago.

Virtually unplayable this evening.

Classics Online working very well though. (mmmmmm!)

First time ever, stream is cutting out. Using my Sonos speaker and streaming Spotify first from my android phone, then my mac laptop. I am a premium subscriber and very, very frustrated!

Update:

ISP = ziggo

Spotify desktipo windows works fine

Spotify ipad 3 works fine

Spotify ipod touch hickups, crashes.

Yesterday from 8-10 pm no problem at all since a long time. After 10 pm is was complete **uh-oh** cut offs every  10-20 seconds.

Today (3 pm ) again problems

Been ok for quite some time now. But today the problem reappeared. Very disappointed.

Have premium service and not getting "premium" service.  Smiley Sad  Keeps cutting out...getting annoyed.  Hope that it gets fixed soon or may have to move to different service.  Smiley Indifferent  Please fix!

spotify and sonos are rubbish together.  if you want to try running premim spotify on sonos, don't bother.  I am about to cnacel my spotify subscription.  waste of time. Keeps cutting out with message "Cannot play track Connection to Spotify wa lost

spotify and sonos are rubbish together.  if you want to try running premim spotify on sonos, don't bother.  I am about to cnacel my spotify subscription.  waste of time. Keeps cutting out with message "Cannot play track Connection to Spotify wa lost

Hi all - I still have issues too.  Since everyone has pretty much declared that Spotify and Sonos don't work well together, I have two questions: 

1. Is there a cancellation fee to cancel Premium
  2. Is there another streaming provider that is proven to work with Sonos? 

Thanks!

I've something new. Tuesday I played the ipod spotify analog connected to my amplifier with no problems. Yesterday I used airplay with apple tv and yes problems. Today again analog connected to the amplifier and again no problems. ISP is Ziggo.

This just proves the point. Spotify works fine - it's when Spotify is accessed via Sonos that the problems begin. Here's a solution. Buy the Sonos dock to directly connect your iPhone to the Sonos system. Problem solved and Sonos extract another £100 (UK prices) from your wallet! Or am I just being cynical?

Just a not that I'm not using Sonos, but this has still been a definitive problem for me - I'm on a Premium subscription and a high bandwidth ISP with no firewall, but the stream cuts off for 20-30 seconds after about every 40 seconds.

Makes music incredibly unenjoyable

I also have some streaming problems.

I have a 100/100 mbit/s ISP with a router that has the highest signalstrength sending wireless signal to my windows laptop.

(I am a Premium subscriber.)

I can stream HD clips from YouTube without any problems what so ever.

Speedtests confirm that there are no issues with my equipment.

But when i stream Spotify the sound lags, from time to time. Or actually it chops the music into bits, kind of like a stutter including the music. Sometimes I can play several tracks free of problems but it always returns after a while.

The problem is extremely annoying.

I have tried a complete reinstall and made sure that windows firewall lets Spotify through.

I have also tried to uncheck "Enable hardware acceleration" in Spotify settings but without any luck.

Any idea of what to do? Is there something different you can do in the router settings?

Like I said, streaming HD-clips from YouTube works just fine so this is merely a Spotify problem.

Mine is cutting in and out as well.  I'm using Comcast (on my desktop, it's wired), and run only Avast, which was disabled at the time of the problem.  I tried closing all other browser windows, but it didn't seem to help.  It didn't want to recognize or use my speakers initially, but that seemed to correct itself (high def Bose).  Don't know if that is related or not.

I have an IBM on Comcast service and it's doing the same thing.  Free version.

My problem described a few posts up got a new twist tonight.

When the "stutter" appears it´s followed by the message "Could not synchronize playlists. Retrying..."

What the #¤#%¤¤ is happening?

I am getting really tired of paying for this questionable "premium" service!

Suggested posts