Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unread message notification will not go away

Unread message notification will not go away

I've had a message in my Spotify inbox for about 4 months now. No matter how many times I open the message(or listen to the track inside) it continue to say I have 1 new message. This happens on all three computers that I have Spotify installed on.

Two machines are running Windows 8.1, the other running Windows 7. All three are x64.

The Android app does not display this unread message(according to that, the message doesn't even exist. It says I have no messages in my inbox).

43 Replies

I'm having this same problem.  Modern convenience has really lowered my threshold for aggravation.

Hello!

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem. It sounds like its a glitch. 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

Actually cleared up when I upgraded shortly after my post.

Hopefully just a one-off glitch.

Thanks for the response!

Your welcome dbburning! 🙂 Hope it doesn't happen again!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

Having the same problem on mac. Obviously an ongoing issue or 'glitch' that still has not been sorted.

It might be a glitch in the system, try logging out of the client, then log in again, if it continues. Reinstall Spotify to the latest version

I am experiencing this as well. Using Cmd + Tab to switch apps, I see "1" in bright red over the Spotify icon. I've clicked through every interface of Spotify but I cannot find anything I haven't read or seen. Pretty annoying.

I also attempted reinstalling the app, but it seems to have the same behaviour.

Also tried logging out and back in. Interestingly, even while my user account is logged out, I still see the "1" over the Spotify icon in the app switcher. This makes me expect that it's some plist entry or other local setting that is not getting cleared.

Checked notifications and the messages tab?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, messages. Notifications. Playlists. I've clicked through anything with a number on it. Even tried clicking through every notification and message. No dice. 

I have the exact same problem, icon number increases if I have 'real' notifications, but always stops to 1 ....

I'd just like to add that this continnues to happen even after installing Spotify on a newly formatted machine. The Messages indicator inside the app also still says "1", not just the desktop icon. Something tells me that this is a problem on Spotify's end. Like there's a message that they have flagged in the database as unread, but it isn't being sent to me.

Would love to hear something back about this.

I'm having the very same problem. Can this be addressed in an update please?

Having the same issue here. Can't find a way to get rid of this:

Stuck with a message.png

Bump.

Bumping this since it wasn't resolved in 1.0.1.935.

Bumping as this has not been fixed as of 1.0.1.1060.

Suggested posts