Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't Post to Facebook?

Solved!

Won't Post to Facebook?

So, I have Spotify linked to my Facebook account and everything, and it used to post to my profile on the side (With the timeline profile) which songs/playlists I've been listening to. But I've noticed about a week or two ago, it stopped doing this. My friends and I regularly share music but it is hard to do so when the most recent song it shows is from 2 weeks ago.. 😕

Help! How do I make it so it will post again?

Thanks ❤️

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Oh, the SpotifyCares Twitter support rep told me earlier today they no longer share listening activity to Facebook.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Yep, about the end of September for me

View solution in original post

594 Replies

Hi

i've noticed that spotify doesn't share what i listen to on Facebook. Like what i listen to recently, my playlists, my top favorites etc etc on my timeline. eventhough all the option boxes are checked, and i've also checked the options on my timeline.

Am i the only one having this problem ? (sorry for the bad english)

Hey!
Where are you connecting from? If you're in a non-Spotify country at the moment, or your connection goes through such a country, then there might be some problems with posting your listening to Facebook.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Thanks for replying soon. 

I live in Belgium, it doesn't say that spotify isn't available here, so i really don't know... it worked just fine a week ago, but everything started disappearing.

It should work well in Belgium. Has anything at all changed recently that might explain this?
A different connection? Upgrading Spotify? A new computer? There are a few things that could explain this.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

got almost the same problem here..

if I compare my "music" page with the one from a friend, mine only shows "top playlists" while my friend shows top songs, top albums, # of songs listened...

I do use an IP coming from UK on my desktop at work, but the same problem occurs on my laptop at home which has a Belgian provider and IP..

any ideas? Would love to share the rest as well 🙂

if you want, I can add some screenshots ? 

.. added ->

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g189/Hilveuh/FB/myfbpage.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g189/Hilveuh/FB/friendsfbpage.jpg

In that picture it looks like the publishing of top tracks/artists might be turned off. Are the following options ticked in your Preferences (the playlist publishing shouldn't matter).

Screen Shot 2012-02-13 at 8.03.57 AM.png

yep they're all checked..

I've unchecked them and i'll try again with some new songs..

no, doesn't seem to be working 😞 still the same, only the playlists.. perhaps a problem with the link from spotify to FB?

Ok next check your activity log in Facebook. To get to this, click on the Activity Log on your timeline, then All (top-right), then Music. A drop-down menu with a cog should then appear as follows:

Screen Shot 2012-02-20 at 2.21.43 PM.png

Are these all ticked for you too?

i have exactly the same problem as HilF 

and everything's checked as well ! 

some screenshots : 

http://www.4shared.com/photo/stzzJfWh/Screen_Shot_2012-02-20_at_1518.html

http://www.4shared.com/photo/9FG1xl3K/Screen_Shot_2012-02-20_at_1518.html

it only shows Top artists and listen to

Just out of interest could you give http://www.geoiptool.com/ a go and see where it's seeing you at?
Interesting that there is a Belgian connection here it seems, maybe it's the same isp?

"songs recently played" shows up directly on my timeline, well now at least. bc it disappeared this weekend, but today i deleted the spotify app on fb and relaunched it, and it came back again.

Host Name:ip-213-49-230-236.dsl.scarlet.be
IP Address:213.49.230.236

It's weird that my other friends haven't these problems, but they aren't in Belgium, maybe this is it...

HilF if you find a way to fix this problem can you please give an update here,that'd be nice 🙂

I'm having a similar issue.  All my settings are as prescribed in this thread.  But I looked a little closer at the Facebook App settings and I think I figured out whats wrong (but not how to fix it).

In Facebook, under Privacy Settings -> Apps and Websites -> Spotify -> This App Can Also

I think there is supposed to be a listing here for "Post to Facebook as you" in order for Spotify to post your activity to the timeline.

However, that option is not listed for me - And may not be for you either.  I cannot find a way to add that option back, but I believe that finding a way to restore that privacy option is the key.  Anyone knonw how to achieve this?

Maybe it's that, only spotify can fix it then

No sharing on facebook today...music will not play on share, will not connect to spotify link to song shared, what is the problem, can they not fix this? Oh and yes it is set to public or family with shares, thanks!

I have a similar problem..I have ticked the boxes in Spotify and on Facebook, to be able to show people what I listen to on Facebook, but they cannot see it... and when my sister for instance enters fanpages on Facebook there´s no information that I have listened to the artists, which I have( a lot!) But it says some of our friends have listened to the artists, so it works for them.

I have tried to un-tick and then tick again and restart my computer + Facebook and Spotify, but it doesn´t help. I´ve only had my account for almost a week, could this be the problem, or? I live in Denmark and I´ve been using the same computer and internet connection. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: This is really weird, I changed it from "Friends" to "Public" and now it works fine..I changed it back to friends and it works now!!!

Hello,

I have just installed Facebook on my work computer and it seems as if it is unable to connect to my Facebook account. It won't publish what I listen to my Facebook profile. It seems as if it is unable to connect to Facebook at all, since the little icon in the upper right doesn't show my Facebook profile picture. I am behind a proxy, but Spotify is succesful in scrobbling track to LastFM, so I don't think that is the issue.

The Facebook connection works fine on my home computer and on my phone.

it didn't work for me though 😕 

So I've linked my Spotify and Facebook accounts, I have the "Show What I Listen to on Facebook" box checked, in Spotify it definitely shows that I'm connected to Facebook, BUT

In my timeline, it only shows a handful of listens from last November (when I first linked the two) and no listening since then (although it does show a couple of playlists I've created since then).

Any ideas? I'm paying for Spotify Unlimited so I don't see any reason why this shouldn't work. 

Thx

Suggested posts