Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Yet Another "Spotify Not Playing Music" Problem

Solved!

Yet Another "Spotify Not Playing Music" Problem

So the problem itself is pretty simple: Spotify will not play any local music files, radio, or any music at all. I can click on the song to play and it'll load the info in the bottom left, however the actual song timer/slider will sit at 00:00 and nothing seems to work as far as getting it to play.

Looking around it seems quite a few people are having this problem as well.

I've tried the usual disabling hardware accelerator and cross fading, neither worked.

I unistalled and did a fresh install, didn't work.

Any ideas or what information you need?

97 Replies

when I play my music while having my earplugs in my computer, mu music is loading at the bottem just naormally. but there's no sound... when i pull the earplugs out of the computer there is sound... what do I do?

Hey @user-removed 🙂 

Are you using Windows or Mac? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

mac

keep trying. that is not the fix for it. i can stream from soundcloud and watch you tubr videos. all have sound. i click play on spot and it just sits there doing nothing. i can see there is no real help for trhis crapware.

downloaded free limewire, said no to all connected apps, including app market. It loaded anyway, i tried uninstall, it still shows up on firefox home page and now spotify wont play any songs. is there a connection between these? can i reload spotify without losing my songs and account? restarting doesn't help.

@user-removed - Try a clean reinstallation and see if that helps. Your Spotify playlist and account details are stored remotely so they will be there when you log in again. You will however need to redownload any offline playlists if you have premium. 

Peter

Peter

Hi Everyone...!

Well, now I have a problem with Spotify, but only on my win 7 64 computer.

On the MAC and iPhone it works fine.

Everything works on the win computer except the Spotify radio, there I have only a white page, nothing happends.

I get the error 17 when I try to reinstall Spotify, so I have to do it in safe mode.

This I have done several times without any luck gettin the Spotify radio to work.

Any suggestions out there...?

I found a sulution...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the spotify icon, rightclick, compability, run with compability for Windows 7, I hooked also on the administrator tab,

but I dont think I needded to do that...!

Now everything works fine 🙂

Yes Im having the same problem I can't listen to my music on my computer and my phone this need to get fix fast please and if it had be fix please tell me how thanks 

In my case, I noticed that Itune was loaded and crashed. When I closed Itune and Spotify and started again it worked.

Hey i have the quickest fix for that, just quit spotify and load it up after that (The same things just happened to me again and this solution works for me every time). And if it doesnt work for you dont blame me 🙂

Hey All,

So I have the standard Spotify (not Premium) for my laptop PC (running windows). I like to listen to the radio feature, but whenever a song played by the artist that the station is based on, it is muted. The ticker seems to count, and no other songs in the station (i.e. not played by the featured artist) seem to be affected (aside from a few here and there). Any suggestions?

Do you have the tracks by that artist stored on your computer as local files (which would appear in the Local Files tab inside Spotify)?

Peter

music stored on the pc has nothing to do with the issue. NOTHING PLAYS. i gave up on this POS.

**bleep** your mothers this app is crap

Did exactly what you said, turned 'spotify's' volume to the highest, yet there was no response. The song plays, track runs, but there isn't any other sound. Fix this please. 

Did exactly what the tech team asked me to do, but it did not work. 

HOWEVER

The strangest thing happened. I played music through 'play.spotify.com' and after a while went back to spotify it magically started working again. 

Maybe this works for other people too? 

Thank you, this fixed my problem!

It's obviously NOT a driver issue. In the exact same album, tracks 1,3, 6, 9 (for instance) will play perfectly. All the others? Sit at 00:00 without the slide bar showing the song starting......explain that sh*t.....Some play, some don't......

Marked as solution

My issue was same as many others: Spotify loads just fine, plays the radio or song just fine by indicating in the bottom play bar it is running, BUT no sound!

To fix/solve my Spotify no sound problem I did the following: I went to Spotify support and they said to do a uninstall then reinstall, which I did, and now I have SOUND AGAIN!

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

I have another, similar problem with the latest version on my computer AND phone(Galaxy S5 on Verizon)

On my PC, if I leave the computer on, but hibernating, it will refuse to play despite saying that it is playing, and the slider doesn't move even a second's worth. I skip to the next song, and it says there is a problem with the Sound Card, which is working fine.THIS can be fixed simply by exiting Spotify and restarting.

On my phone, I use it to play music while I am going to sleep. And yet, I keep waking up to find that, despite not having a task killer of any kind on my phone, it keeps closing in the middle of ads and songs both. In THAT case, I have to restart Spotify.

But in BOTH cases, it will be playing fine at one point, then suddenly STOP PLAYING! This is NOT ACCEPTABLE despite the simple solution.

Suggested posts