Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Yet Another "Spotify Not Playing Music" Problem

Solved!

Yet Another "Spotify Not Playing Music" Problem

So the problem itself is pretty simple: Spotify will not play any local music files, radio, or any music at all. I can click on the song to play and it'll load the info in the bottom left, however the actual song timer/slider will sit at 00:00 and nothing seems to work as far as getting it to play.

Looking around it seems quite a few people are having this problem as well.

I've tried the usual disabling hardware accelerator and cross fading, neither worked.

I unistalled and did a fresh install, didn't work.

Any ideas or what information you need?

97 Replies

My Spotify audio isn't working (this is for the Mac App) I click play, and the bar scrolls across, but even though the corner volume and the mac volume are full, nothing is working. Everything else has audio, except for theSpotify. Solution?

Ty to all those who suggested installing Quicktime. I have had the same issues for a long time, it would play fine for a while, then all of a sudden i would click the play button and nothing happens! i would try multiple songs, same result. I uninstalled and reinstalled, still nothing. Updated my audio drivers, blah, blah..so today i saw this suggestion and decided to give it a shot. I never had Quicktime on my pc for a long time cause I didn't think I really needed it. Now it seems I do. so ty.

Marked as solution

Since I have a Mac Book Air what I did was click out of spotify, quit spotify, re-opened the app and it worked!! I hope this will work for others.

Thank you. I have a pc running windows 10 and shutting Spotify down, then restarting it works for me to. 

Is it because you have overplayed an album or certain track too many times?

Check if your sound bar in the app is all the way down. I came here to find some help when I saw that the sound slider in the app iteself was all the way down. Hope this helped!

I had the same problem. I exited, undownloaded, and redownloaded. It still didn't work. But it turns out to only be the song. I was trying to play 2 songs from blackbear, but when i clicked on another song, it worked. So, my solution is to just play a different song until it works.

My spotify plays music for about 20 seconds then stops can you help me please 

This may not work for you but all I did was clear my browsing history. After I did that Spotify worked as normal

Log out of your account and just relog in it worked for me

So, I acutally had this problem this few mintues ago....The only thing I did was connect to Facebook and then the music started running instead of skipping the song every second. I hope this work because IT DID FOR ME >:D....Good luck

My Spotify has not been working for at least a month. It's driving me crazy; I always listen to Spotify. Usually the song is shown in the bottom left corner. For me it's just blank and there's nothing there. I use a Chromebook so I'm stuck with the web player rather than downloading anything. I can't reinstall, I can't find a way to fix it.

Marked as solution

This thread is 5 years old and they're still having this issue. IT'S PATHETIC!!! I was ready to support them with a premium account but they can't even get their act together long enough to sort a five year old issue what's the point. Even posting on this forum was a shore with a capta test that took 15 minutes to pass.

Marked as solution

Seriously. Why doesn't someone fix this stupid problem. Honestly, my friend kept trying to convince me to switch to Pandora, and I was like,"Nuh-uh, sweetheart, why don't you switch to Spotify?" Right now, I'm texting her ' **bleep**, I'm so sorry. I'm switching to Pandora RIGHT AFTER I'm done sending this complaint to this dumb company.' So, Spotify, honestly, good job.

And now Spotify is saying that the very commonly used O M G is a bad word.

I have a problem with that too. It will load the music, pull up my playlists and any music I search, but when I press the play button, It won't work! It's been like this for a few weeks. AURGHGHGHGHGHGHHGGHGHGH!!!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP ME

what is wrong with Spotify?? I've tried everything to get it to work. a couple weeks ago I did get it to work, but every 10 seconds or so it would just stop playing, then start up for 10 seconds, then stop for 10 seconds. I used to like it way better than Pandora, but now I'm DONE.  I'm switching to Pandora. GOOD JOB SPOTIFY 😞

This isn't just a small problem, this is a quite weird and quite alarming issue.

https://streamable.com/s/gpyja/xeygtr

Suggested posts