Help - Desktop (Mac)

Garage Band

Re: Spotify shows only the first track I play

Meredith -- thanks. Is there an older (working) version we can roll back to until the problem is addressed?

Garage Band

Yes, please.  

Meredith - it would make our lives so much better if you provided a working older version we can hold onto until you fix the latest version. It helps to get finally a recognition of the issue from Spotify, but a short-term solution is needed considering we've had these issues for 2 weeks now.

Concert VIP

I'm slumming it on Pandora right now. Hurry up, you guys.

Festival Fanatic

I hope it's not just the issue with Spotify only showing the first track because a whole score of issues seemed to pop up along with that in the update. Unresponsive buttons, unexplained crashes, friends that you don't know appearing in your sidebar... and that's just off the top of my head. 

Many of the apps also won't work correctly now that Spotify has decided to go deus ex machina. Soundrop won't play after commercials, or it will play continuously and I can't switch rooms or play my own playlists because it won't stop the audio. Other machines unaffected by the mac issue, of course, plays it fine.

I realize there is always the possibilitiy of bugs appearing before you roll out an update, but this is why we need the option to downgrade to a previously stable app version.

DFW
Gig Goer

It's been at least a couple of weeks for me.  Same issue on both my iMac and MacBook.  Fortunately, Spotify hasn't futzed with the iPhone app, so cover art and song title display just fine on that device.

The Moderator is between a rock and a hard place, but "have you tried ..." is no solution.  As several of you have mentioned, however, the worst part is no acknowledgement from corporate headquarters.

I'm done.  It's been nice listening with you you Spotifiers, but this weekend I'm off to Rhapsody.

Garage Band

The only problem with a working older version is that it would immediately force you update since there is no way to turn off "auto updates" as far as I've been able to find.

I mean I guess with the older version you could just leave the app open until Spotify fixes the problem and/or just clean reinstall every time you quit the app by mistake or need to shutdown/reboot, etc.

At any rate, I feel a *little* bit better now that Meredith came here and let us know that Spotify is indeed aware of these problems. I was beginning to wonder considering we were up to page 8 before it was really acknowledged that this was an issue affecting multiple users and they were aware.

Roadie

[ Edited ]

Even with the acknowledgement from Meradith, this is beginning to seem like too little too late. We're going into the third week now of problems for Mac users, and we do not even have a stable version to fall back to. I think I'm going to check out Rhapsody.

EDIT: Spotify Support finally got around to replying to my complaint. What they told me was an outright lie -  they claimed to have already fixed the problem! After reinstalling as the email directed me to, each problem still persisted. What's worse, is the version number of this supposedly "fixed" update has the same version number as the old one.

So, let me get this straight... Spotify thinks its okay to ignore a massive problem for weeks on end, and then when they finally feel like responding to the issue they mislead their paying customers into saying its fixed when they're really done jack squat? Its okay Spotify, take your time, I won't be here when you finally do finish.

Garage Band

I've had the same problem for a long time now. I love you Spotify, gladly paying premium every month. Please, fix this, soon :..(

Music Fan

This is happening to me too, also artist radio just stops playing after a couple of tracks and i cannot skip. 

I deleted everything and reinstalled and still having the same issue. It's really annoying especially considering we are paying. 

Has anyone else had sucess with other fixes?

Festival Fanatic

I'm disappointed to hear support trying to play off an imaginary fix. Spotify for Mac is nearly unusable right now with all of the bugs that has crept up. I already know two mac users who have renewed their Pandora subscription and I can't say I blame them even though I feel Spotify has the better service. What can you say if the app doesn't even function right?

I'd say in the future that it's important for the Spotify team to test their upgrades across multiple OSes before pushing them out to the public. It's a lot better to stall an update to your software than have to deal with bugs and irritated customers. 

Announcements
Test Spotify Connect
Would you like to help QA test Connect? If so, please log in or register.

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.