Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Nokia E51 (S60) installation error

Nokia E51 (S60) installation error

Hi,

I'm trying to install spotify on my Nokia E51 phone (symbian). It installs the program and gives the icon in installed programs but when i try to open the program it just says "installing necessary libraries. Please wait.." for ca. 10 seconds and then quits. I've tried updating my phone software, reinstalling spotify but nothing helps. How can I get it working?

5 Replies

I'm having the exact same problem with my Nokia E71.

I found a workaround that told me to extract the installation sis file with SisContent software and install ssl.sis and pips_nokia_1_3_SS.sis manually.

Installing ssl.sis failed with "Certificate expired" error. I think that just might be the root cause of the original installation problem ("installing necessary libraries. Please wait..).

Doesn't look too good overall. 😞

Mikko

Hey Pentti, turn your clock back by 3 years and run Spotify. Installation of "necessary libraries" will complete ok. Then turn the clock back to real time.

After that, restarting Spotify hung my phone but it was all ok after restarting the phone. Spotify now seems to work nicely for me.

^^ solution - worked perfectly for me on my E63

Hi! Since you gave such great tips so pentti, maybe you could help me out too? I've had Spotify on my Nokia E71 for a long time, but recently I had the same problem as the rest in this thread (installing necessary catalouges etc.), so I decided to remove Spotify completely from my phone to later reinstall it. But now, Nokia Store says I can't do that, the "download"-button is unclickable... Do you think you can help me out?

Thanks so much,

Jacqueline

This tip from labatozzu worked for me too! Nokia Symbian S60, set the clock to 2008 worked!

Suggested posts