Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify can't find a mobile data connection in Lumia920

Spotify can't find a mobile data connection in Lumia920

Hi,

I moved to Sweden from Finland in late August, since then Spotify hasn't found a mobile data connection in my Lumia 920. The operating system is up to date and the Spotify app has been reinstalled many times, but the problem still exists. Due to ''lack of connection'' I cannot even log in anymore. Otherwise the mobile data connection is working out perfectly.  According to my telephone subscription provider (I haven't changed it after I emigrated) Spotify should work in Sweden as it worked in Finland.

Regards

4 Replies

Just wondering, does your phone think it is roaming if you haven't changed sim cards? 

I remember issues with roaming and virtual network providers being discussed before on topics like this one.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter,

thanks for your reply. Actually I'm roaming all the time until the end of year, since that is the only way I can go online here in Sweden.  After read throughout the linked topic it made me think there's no available solution. This really drives me to consider is the Spotify Premium worth of pay.

I've only found one solution to this problem. I tried to switch to using the Wimp music app instead of Spotify. It works just fine when roaming with their app.

Now I'm gonna import my Spotify playlists to Wimp and end my Spotify subscription. 

BTW The Wimp cutsomer service was excellent, Spotify don't even have an email-adress to contact them?!

@HansLoffe wrote:

BTW The Wimp cutsomer service was excellent, Spotify don't even have an email-adress to contact them?!

They do its just a little hard to find: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts