Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Onkyo - sometimes skipping tracks (while the spotify app plays them perfectly)

Spotify on Onkyo - sometimes skipping tracks (while the spotify app plays them perfectly)

When I play a playlist on Spotify on my Onkyo receiver, some tracks just don't seem to be "available", and the list moves on to the next track. When I try to play these tracks with the Spotify app on my iPhone they play perfectly. What's the cause of this?
6 Replies

Do the unavailable tracks happen to be local tracks that you've saved from your computer? I'm not familiar with Onkyo itself, but I can tell you that Spotify Connect enabled receivers only work with tracks from the Spotify catalog, not with local tracks. That's the main reason I could think of that would keep some tracks from playing when not listening from the iPhone.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

No, it's not local. And it doesn't work through Connect, it uses the Onkyo. Sorry, but I think you're on the wrong track here.

More details would be very helpful then. Some Onkyo receivers do use Spotify Connect. However, you may be better off getting support from Onkyo for this particular problem.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I think it has to do with the whole re-linking after a track's original location is lost. The app can do it, the Onkyo can't. Some other thread dealt with that. It's very surprising however that this issue still exists a couple of years after it was brought to Spotify's attention

It works on my Onkyo if you amend your Spotify playlist - ie delete the non-playing track and put it back in. Presumably this re-links the previously re-addressed track. Not ideal but fine for now.

Thank you so much. But effectively itis not ideal and not normal. Spotify must face this big problem and the other as sorting the playlists and the grey of the scroll bar. not very visible. 

Suggested posts