Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

wp 8 offline playlist on sd card

wp 8 offline playlist on sd card

I was wondering if someone knows when and if spotify is going to take care of the offline playlist on wp8. I can't store my playlist on the sd card and my internal memory is almost full.<br>I'm from the Netherlands, maybe thats important to know.<br><br>Thanks!
6 Replies

Is there anyone from Spotify team to answer? Many threads on internet about this major issue, and no answer! I am a convinced user of Spotify, who actually brought many people to use it, and I am really thinking to stop using this platform because of my 4 GB HTC windows phone...

Agreed, I have an item on my to-do list to investigate the Microsoft service (whatever they're calling it now) just because of this.  Spotify's situation in my mind is not helped by SWMBO mentioning the other day "really, you give Spotify $120/year to listen to music?!?"  It does seem that they could figure out how to save to the SD card given that I give them $120/year.  I don't yet have WP8 dev experience, but I can't imagine it's a too terribly complicated thing.  The big issue is probably keeping the cache on the SD card under appropriate DRM control.  But don't they already do that on other platforms?

Digging into this a little further, it is a Microsoft issue. 

On Windows Phone 8, external SD card storage is read only: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/ff402541(v=vs.105).aspx#BKMK_Externalst...

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It is a major issue for windows phone 8 indeed. right know i am having serious doubts... Sending back the phone or cancel my spotify subscribtion.

I can confirm that 3rd party apps on WP8 are not allowed to write to the SD card.  Which I agree makes no sense, but it is the way things are.

This is getting very frustrating and needs to be fixed.  BTW hey spotify how about a way for users to actually contact you?

Suggested posts