Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BOSE] Lifestyle 535 SoundTouch: Music stops playing randomly

[BOSE] Lifestyle 535 SoundTouch: Music stops playing randomly

I have a Bose LifeStyle 535 Series II with the SoundTouch Wireless Adapter. All the latest firmwares are installed as of today (January 18th 2015). I have a premium subscription. I use Spotify on various devices such as iPad Air 2, iPhone 5, Mac (10.10 Yosemite) and Windows (7) computers. I always make sure to use the latest versions of iOS and Spotify. I've tried the Spotify Beta versions too.

This makes Spotify work with my device, pops right up in the Spotify Connect list and I can start playing from whichever device I am using at the moment.

Once in a while, the playback just cuts off in the middle of listening to a track. I can see that the Spotify client still shows the track as playing, but no audio is heard. If I skip to the next track I still hear nothing. If I switch playback to the device I'm using

Whenever this happens and I check the Spotify Connect list and my Bose unit shows as "Connecting...". Sometimes playback resumes while checking this list, sometimes it doesn't. The client still is in playback mode, but the music isn't heard on any device. The only sure way of resuming playback is rebooting the LifeStyle unit. Then it works until next time the problem appears, which seems to be completely random. I have had successful sessions of several hours, but most of the time it's just a song or two that works. 

Sometimes the client gets messed up and out of sync completely. Showing the wrong song, wrong position in the track or indicating playback but no positional data at all...

This never happens when I'm streaming from iTunes, network shares or even using compatible competitors such as Deezer.

4 Replies

I'm having a similar issue with my bose soundtouch III too. It doesn't sync smoothly as I expected and also I can't play my local songs which are both available to me in my computer (windows 😎 and my iphone 6. When I try to play a locally available song from my computer or my phone, it just skips all and gose to the next available spotify approved song. Anybody know why? 

I have seen the same problem descibed above but what most commonly happens is that after a few songs there are blanks in the song as if I pause, continue, pause, continue.  It is very annoying.  I'm playing from my phone.  I would like to see if I could just disactivate Spotify Connect and use AirPlay instead.  I saw other forums had indicated a possible wifi connection but I would be really surprised since it is near the wifi box where we don't have other wifi issues.

Yea exactly, I get the streaming lag as if the wireless couldn't keep up with the incoming data, but my wireless is also next to the soundtouch as well, there shouldn't be any problem like that, although I'm curious whether the connection is through the wireless router or directly between devices since they are in the same network, that might have something to do with...

I have the same problem, whatever device i use.

I use it from an iPhone5S, and from my Dell laptop.

The problem only occurs w<hen i use Spotify, not with another source.

Tested with Bose, everything seemd correct on their side, so last solution is to contact Spotify...

Suggested posts