Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't find Spotify's "Radio" option on Sonos....

Can't find Spotify's "Radio" option on Sonos....

Is this a known shortcoming of the Sonos implementation of Spotify? Seems a big loss to me.....   Any plans to upgrade the Sonos app?

David B.

49 Replies

Thought I would add my frustration to the mix.  No radio on Sonos means I am cancelling my account after the 30 day free trial expires...shame.

Just want to point out the fact that Spotify is the one we are paying the monthly fee to and Spotify is the one with the music database, not Sonos.

Sonos has a great API for which ANYONE can create superb integration and even did a quick and dirty Spotify integration for Spotify.. For FREE! Link to Sonos API Page

At this point Spotify just doesn't want to spend the money to support Sonos users or other third party devices and create feature updates. My Sonos works great for all the other providers they integrate with and those are the ones I am spending my money on.

Just tried out Deezer on Sonos - works pretty well and has radio functionality - time to jump ship which is a shame but I have been waiting too long on both sonos and spotify community boards neither of which will ever provide any indication of future integration

Lots of people waiting on this feature. Sonos just updated the thread on their forum for the same feature request saying it is Spotify who need to make an update at their end to Sonos can implement Spotify Radio. Hopefully the 2 companies are in talks on this or I can see Sonos users switching to Deezer or other services which already have Radio support on Sonos.

This is a subject that has been bouncing around on the Spotify community and sonos. I have recently seen a reply from sonos saying that people should express there concern with Spotify For them to incorporate the change, yet people are responding on here that it is an issue that should be taken up with sonos. 

The way I see it is that Spotify and Sonos should collaborate together to give paying customers what they want.

What is the point in these forums if none of the organisations listen

Agree--I have waited long enough.  Without this feature, I am wasting my money on a monthly subscription.  I might as well use the free device and Pandora.  I find it amazing that this discussion has been going on a year and the programmers at Spotify pay no attention.

The Spotify "Radio" function integration into SONOS is a must as far as I'm concerned. I have trialed the Deezer music service on my SONOS system for a month and the "radio" function works perfectly. I'm now seriously considering cancelling my Spotify premium account and moving to Deezer purely so that I can use the "radio" function.  

I change to SIMFY

Spotify - time to listen or we're off!

Just managed to get another two weeks free subscription with Deezer so have "SmartRaagain available again !

Are you folks in the US? I'm in Texas and it says that Deezer is not available in my country. That and I don't see the option for sonos integration with Deezer. Been trying Songza, working great for me.

This was raised on the Sonos ideas-community. The official answer from Sonos came in yesterday - Spotify APIs do not extend to their Radio app.

This is the top-request in the Sonos-Spotify community.

So here's our Sonos-Spotify sweet spot. Unused.

I will be cancelling my Spotify premium account in case Spotify will not introduce this API so Sonos can make this work.

Sonos can not build the radio integration unless Spotify adds the API. What a misleading reply from Sonos customer care!

Hi! Please (re)add radio to your api/ibs in question.

If this is the same issue I'm quite pissed that the balme was put on sonos - the cant implement stuff you do not provide!?!

https://github.com/mopidy/mopidy/issues/174

Friend of mine bought a little WD "media server" thingy - same issue, everything works but radio.

Tested a bunch of open source clients - same issue.

😞

Check out my 'is it me or is Spotify for Sonos rubbish' post - that spotify responded to themselves!

I have been a sons user for many years now and have historically used Napster streaming service since I set it up which I have always found easy to use and packed with features (sucn as recommendations and Napster playlists etc)

However I noticed over xmas that Napster obviously have some licensing issues as many artists I looked for were covered by unknowns which I assume gets round paying for the license to stream music from the big players.

So having used the spotify app on my phone and PC I took the plunge and setup a premium account on my sons - excited by the prospect of streaming playlists, liking tracks (that go in my starred section, which is a great way of not having to search for a fave track that I want to hear many times) sharing and connecting with my social community.

However remarkably it seems 'very light' of many features and I have to load playlists from my PC to access from my sons, there is no option to 'like or star' any tracks and I cannot browse facebook users etc - it just seems like an after thought and not at all as comprehensive or feature packed as the App.

Is it me, am I missing something or is it crap? Anyone.....

Dont get me wrong, i have been a sonos user for many years and love it and have been used to the functions that Napter offer - but i fancied a change.

I also like the Spotify Iphone and Pc app and like the social, playlist and like functions as long as i want to listen with my phone or at my office - but the sonos app does less than half of what these do which i think is remiss considering my main application for straming music is at home via my sonos zones.

The sonos app should mirror the Iphone app in terms of functionality.... no?

at present i have to go into my iphone spotify app update my likes and playlists along with any other spotify app i wish to add and then wait for the sonos spotify to update - which is both long winded and annoying.

This does seem to be a common contentious issue on the forums - are spotify going to further develop the sonos application as i would had thought this would be a very lucrative 'route to market' for you as well as keeping your users engaged, customers and happy.

I have set a reminder to cancel spotify subscription 2 days before payment at the end of this month - I am off and giving Deezer a go. Based on other posts its unlikely that I will be back

Just wanted to chime in here:

Spotify, acording to Sonos:

https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/add_spotify_radios_to_sonos

They need your API to support radio on external apps.

Can you please respond?

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat as many others... signed up for Spotify Premium and realized that Sonos does not support the radio function.  Fortunately I tested this on a friends Sonos and I have not purchased Sonos yet.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE REPLY IF SPOTIFY AND SONOS RESOLVE THIS?  Seems like both sides are pointing fingers and nothing is getting resolved.

it's not just Sonos equipment. I'm running Logitech squeeze clients and have the same issue in that the Spotify APIs do not include radio support (they used to a while back form what I read). From everyone I know running Logitech or Sonos gear, there are two main reasons people are flocking to Pandora;

1. Lack of radio support in API hence lack of radio integration with Sonos/Logitech etc.

2. Lack of control for disabling explicit lyrics (for child/office friendly listening).

@Spotify... guys please respond to us with some definite timelines. Everyone in this thread (and others like it) represents a much larger group of Spotify users so it's in everyones interest to get this resolved.

Suggested posts