Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Denon AVR-X2100W - No Spotify Connect

Solved!

Denon AVR-X2100W - No Spotify Connect

Just purchased a new Denon receiver and everything is working OK except Spotify connect, it doesn't show as a device on the connect page. I can stream everything via AirPlay OK, but connect doesn't show. They are both running on the same network, but I wonder if there are any settings I need to consider for spotify specifically. I have tried searching the forums but haven't come up with anything so far. If anyone could point me in the direction of some help it would be much appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, I had the same issue. I fixed it by switching to static ip (DHCP off). Spotify connect is working like before now!
If you're not sure what the settings are, have a look at network - > settings before and write everything down. Now switch DHCP of and enter the same settings as you've written down. This should so the trick!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Just got a Spotify update this morning on my phone Version 3.5.0.963. AVR X2100W working this morning

Marked as solution

I did a network reset and set Denon receiver back on factory sdettings. It works fine now!

Marked as solution

I have found the problem (at least mine) and the solution. Let me explain :

Spotify connect doesn't work when you don't use the DHCP function on the device. I had set my Denon AVR-X2100W with a static IP address (192.168.0.50 in my case), because it was easier to connect to the web interface with a static IP.

The Solution :

I found on the internet that there was a problem with the Spotify connect server once, but the problem was solved. If you have this problem a long time ago, it might be a good thing to retry before performing everything after.

By default, Denon AVR use DHCP function, that's why it works for everyone who performed a factory reset. If you don't know how to configure the network settings, you can do a reset too (here is the link : http://manuals.denon.com/AVRX2100W/EU/EN/GFNFSYvyalrwrt.php ).

Otherwise, you can modify this setting on your amplifier in Setup->Network->Settings->[DHCP : On] with the web interface or the remote.

If you still want to get a static IP for your amplifier, you can set an IP with your router. In many cases, your router is the ADSL modem from your internet provider. If you have a good internet provider (like mine, thanks Free from France), there is a way to set a static IP to a device, but the procedure is different for each router. If you have your own router, I think you know how to configure it. 

Hope it helps ^^

Marked as solution

1) Go into settings>network>turn off DCHP

2) Assign an IP address in your virtual network:

a. IP: 192.168.1.10->192.168.1.199 (just pick an IP)

b. Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

c. Gateway: 192.168.1.1

d. Google DNS is fine: Primary: 8.8.8.8,  Secondary: 8.8.4.4

e. Proxy: Off

f. Click Save.

3) Go into router settings>DCHP Server>Static IP> assign that same IP to the Denon receiver MAC address.

4) reboot router, unplug, plug in receiver.

5) On receiver go back to settings>network>diagnostic.  You should get 3 "OK"s.

6) go to "My computer" in widows and "network" (where you see all other computers/media servers on your network)

7) double click denon avr icon.

😎 click INPUTS>HIDE SOURCES

9) Enable : Internet Radio, Pandora, Media Server> Click "Set Network Contents"

10) Wait 60 seconds.

11) Go ahead and play via Spotify.

Marked as solution

Support told me to:

- Power On
- Switch to Online Music source
- Press & hold TUNER PRESET CH + and TUNE - until "Initialization..." displays on FL Display

However, after doing that, I tried again and I can see on the LCD: "Connecting..." then "Assining..." and then back to Favorites, in other words, still didn't work. Then I tried again and nothing. No more messages, only the app says "Connecting..." then goes back paying on the iphone. I can however play on my other receiver and my PC. Just not the Denon PC.

Maybe someone else has better luck.

Marked as solution

This worked for me. Thank you!

Support told me to:

- Power On
- Switch to Online Music source
- Press & hold TUNER PRESET CH + and TUNE - until "Initialization..." displays on FL Display

Marked as solution

Looks now its working again. I had to use a different method for my x2100w

1. Switch the device to the source ONLINE MUSIC.

2. AVR X1100W / X2100W / X3100W: Hold down the "ZONE2 SOURCE" and "DIMMER" buttons simultaneously for at least 3 seconds.

AVR X1200W / X2200W / X3200W: Hold down the "TUNER PRESET CH -" and "TUNER PRESET CH +" buttons simultaneously for at least 3 seconds.

AVR X4100W / X5200W / X7200W: Hold down the "DIMMER" and " CURSOR > " buttons ( under the front flap ) buttons simultaneously for at least 3 seconds.

AVR X4200W / X6200W / X7200WA: Hold down the "DIMMER" and "SETUP" buttons ( under the front flap ) buttons simultaneously for at least 3 seconds.

There is something in the air... must be sound waves.

Marked as solution

Got to do with Google devices, Android, Chromecast and HOME.

MDNS packets they sent are every 1 ms (milisecond). compared to for example iOS only every 3 seconds.

Causes disruptions. also other brands affected.

possible work-around:

Create a guest network with disabled intranet access on your router and assign your Marantz/Denon to that guest network along with a reserved DHCP IP.

Connect to the guest network with PC/Laptop and find the Marantz/Denon in within Spotify. Then move your PC/laptop back to the normal network as Spotify remembers Spotify Connect units. U can now play music to you Marantz/Denon from both your PCs and android phone without issues.

Remember this is a temp solution and may not work or be ideal for everyone.

Marked as solution

I think the only definitive solution is downgrade to the penultimate firmware version and not upgrade to the current version. Done on my X1200W and spotify working again correctly.

http://firmware.denon.eu/index.php

505 Replies

I should add I have read https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/Denon - however,

To login on your Denon, follow the steps here.

Just links back to the main help page, which takes you back to the first page and so isn't really much help at all 😞

Are they both connected to the network wirelessly?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yup, both on the same wireless network. 

Just to confirm (I forgot to ask) you have Spotify Premium?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Sorry for the late response! Was out of the country and didn't have a chance to...

Yes am on Spotify Premium 

I've got exactly the same issue with the X4100, same wireless network and does not show as an option.

Can you please assist?

Tried with iPad and Android (HTC one M8). Premium user latest versions.

I registered the 30 day premium trial yesterday. For the first few hours my Denon AVR-X1100W functioned all rightish with Spotify. (The connection was cut off a few times.) After a while, the Denon disappeared from the connect list and hasn't returned since. Two android phones and one PC show up just fine and the Denon works perfectly in every other respect and claims the network is up and running. The fact that internet radio and media server inputs work perfectly supports the Denon diagnostics' claim.

I'd really like to have a solution. Otherwise Spotify is rather pointless for me.

Same as mine, apart from mine has never worked. Definitely a Denon/Spotify issue, and suprise suprise absolutely zero response from Spotify here.

I just contacted Denon Finland via e-mail. It will be interesting to see what they have to say about the issue.

Mine still doesn't work, however other spotify connect devices do. Seems like more of a Denon issue than a spotify one if all other devices work on the same network? Have tried a hard reset a few times, and have gone over it a number of times with Denon support but they haven't been able to shed any light on it... so not really sure what else I can do. The more people that report the issue to Denon though might help them actually investigate it and then perhaps come out with a firmware update if that is what is needed?

Exchanged some e-mails with Denon Finland. According to them, the problem might be caused by the cable modem / router provided to me by my ISP. Apparently the modem cannot handle the multicast, as they called it. They also suggested resetting the receiver to factory settings. Well, resetting helped and I got things running again. But then the WLAN kicked my android phone off the grid and didn't let it back in!!! I had to switch the receiver off before the WLAN could be found again! Strange. Now the system works, however. I can have the phone running in either the same WLAN as the receiver, or use in LTE. It seems keeping the phone out of the WLAN makes the Spotify connection more stable! Denon Finland promised to arrange a router for testing as a means to prove the modem is the root of all evil here. If the problem persists, I'll take them up on their offer and report back here. 

How simple it was in the good ole analog times...  plug'n play...

Yet another SPOTIFY CONNECT issue to a high end well known AVR that does not show as an available device.

Did you ever get this resolved?

I've given up with my x4100 - just does not work. Router supports multicast, Spotify Connect works on PC/Android devices. Disappointing to have no Spotify response.

I gave up. Either it is my router or the avr but connect just does not work over wlan. I plugged the darn thing in and have had no problems since. Everything works perfectly over lan.

Addendum: I didn't take Denon Finland up on their offer to provide me with a router for testing since connecting the avr via lan solved the issue.

Hello people! I do not know if they have managed to solve the problem but anyway, I will report what I found. I've been researching a bit and worked for me, not as I would like but is meeting my need. First of course you must make sure that the AVR is properly configured on your network, after must open spotify APP on your device PC, Tablet, Mobile (windows, mac, android ... yet only one version beta allows you to control devices via PC, but will soon be working), your account will be PREMIUM to work. Once opened, the main window "now playing" the spotify click on the speaker next to the play controls, pause, forward and backward (icon spotify connect) then will open a window asking where equipment you would like to sync with spotify connect , AVR should be appearing on the list, if not it should not be compatible or has any connection problem. After this is done, you can close the APP spotify and control music on the AVR direct or control the AVR via device. I hope I have contributed in some way.

Felipe

Marked as solution

Hi, I had the same issue. I fixed it by switching to static ip (DHCP off). Spotify connect is working like before now!
If you're not sure what the settings are, have a look at network - > settings before and write everything down. Now switch DHCP of and enter the same settings as you've written down. This should so the trick!

Hi, I've a AVR-X1100W reciever with big problems with spotify connect after the newest updates of the android app. Got it working by uninstalling the latest android app and installed a previous version (http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-2-0-0-702-android-apk-download/). Talked with the support from the store I bought the reciever in and they said an update for the the denon recievers is on the way, but they didn't know a date.

@Gerald83 wrote:

Thanks man, this fixed it for me as well! I was close to sending my receiver back to Denon once more.

I had to have my AVR-X4100W sent in because it wouldn't show up in the Spotify App. It took me ages to convince both my retailer and Denon that I had already tried everything and that it just wasn't working. it looks like they have replaced my Ethernet module (which took them 5 weeks) in the receiver so that the receiver now finally showed up, but as soon as I selected it in the app, it just restarted the network connection, for whatever reason. I don't understand how they could even sell the product as it is, no troubleshooting help, no diagnostics tool and no real reason for why it's acting up (or not), well anyway, switching to DHCP off finally solved my issues. Thanks heaps.

Suggested posts