Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to get local files available for offline mode on mobile?

Solved!

How to get local files available for offline mode on mobile?

I recently downloaded Animal Collectives Here Comes the Indian for spotify, and have it saved to my music and all of that. On my phone, however,  it does not pop up as available for offline streaming, and there is no visisble way for me to do this. Does anyone know how to make it available offline for mobile? Cheers.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@wilandhugs wrote:

I recently downloaded Animal Collectives Here Comes the Indian for spotify, and have it saved to my music and all of that. On my phone, however,  it does not pop up as available for offline streaming, and there is no visisble way for me to do this. Does anyone know how to make it available offline for mobile? Cheers.

Hello there!

I do assume you want the music that is non-Spotify to appear on your mobile device? 

First of all you need the music files saved on a PC/Mac or whatever way you swing. When you have the filed saved you open the Spotify desktop app and do following:

1. Go into preferences.
  2. Scroll down to show tracks from  under the local files, and choose which source you want local music from.
  3. Your PC/Mac will search the folders you have selected for music and they will appear in Local Files on the desktop app.
  4. When the songs have appeared under the Local File playlist, simple close both desktop app and mobil device app.
  5. Relaunch both apps on both devices and you should see the syncing starting automatically. 

Note:

• There is some rumors that songs will be displayed twice under Local Files on the desktop, it's annoying but non lethal at the moment.
  • Be sure you are logged in with the same Spotify account on both devices.
  • I found it smart to make a own folder called Spotify Local Files on my desktop, then go under Preferences and choose only that source. It would make it very much easier to add local files later on.
  • Don't judge me for my spelling, I'm has no internet to correct my shamefull spelling mistakes.

Hope this solves your problem, if not, it's sadly out of my league of knowledge.

Best regards, T.A 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

@wilandhugs wrote:

Hello there!

I do assume you want the music that is non-Spotify to appear on your mobile device? 

First of all you need the music files saved on a PC/Mac or whatever way you swing. When you have the filed saved you open the Spotify desktop app and do following:

1. Go into preferences.
  2. Scroll down to show tracks from  under the local files, and choose which source you want local music from.
  3. Your PC/Mac will search the folders you have selected for music and they will appear in Local Files on the desktop app.
  4. When the songs have appeared under the Local File playlist, simple close both desktop app and mobil device app.
  5. Relaunch both apps on both devices and you should see the syncing starting automatically. 

Note:

• There is some rumors that songs will be displayed twice under Local Files on the desktop, it's annoying but non lethal at the moment.
  • Be sure you are logged in with the same Spotify account on both devices.
  • I found it smart to make a own folder called Spotify Local Files on my desktop, then go under Preferences and choose only that source. It would make it very much easier to add local files later on.
  • Don't judge me for my spelling, I'm has no internet to correct my shamefull spelling mistakes.

Hope this solves your problem, if not, it's sadly out of my league of knowledge.

Best regards, T.A 

Read this:

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Listen-to-local-files

Make sure to choose the tab for your device

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello,

I do not have the option of selecting in my iphone to make the playlist available offline. It's not there! There is just a Filter, the shuffle button and then a list of grey songs. Is this a confirmed bug or what's happening here? I can make other playlists available offline, but not this one.

I'm on the same wifi as my computer and the phone still shows which (offline) song is being played on my computer, so there is clearly a connection. Anyone have any ideas?

Best regards,

Oskar

Hello there!

The 'offline-playlist' do not have an option for 'making' it offline.

If you are properly able to transfer your songs into the 'local' part of Spotify on your phone, the songs are already offline mode.

You mention a list of grey songs, I would assume the songs 'has' been there, but are now 'gone'. Meaning, they are a part of the playlist-setup but not actually physically there.

I would try to retransfer all the songs you want.

1. Delete your current local playlist (offline, non-Spotify music).
2. Make a new one.
3. Transfer the playlist over again.
4. Make sure to have enough space on your phone.

In addition to this, if you are on a private network make sure the WIFI setting on your computer " Make this PC discoverable " is set to "on".

If it is off, your phone won't pick up spotify on your laptop through the Wifi network because the computer is being 'hidden'

I thought I would never get my local files on my phone, but this worked in addition to everything else above.

2017-01-19_0920.png

Suggested posts