Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Partially Syncing Local Files

Solved!

Partially Syncing Local Files

I understand that Spotify on WP8 doesn't sync local files to the phone.  But I was pleasantly suprised when I loaded some of my personal music into a play list and some (not all) of the songs were added to the playlist on my phone.  Why would some of the files sync and others not?

John

DJP

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

I imagine it is because Spotify automatically linked your personal files to a song on Spotify by the metadata.

You can check by going to desktop, right clicking one of the offline files that has synced, and if it says Unlink as an option then you can tell that it has been linked to a song on Spotify.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

I imagine it is because Spotify automatically linked your personal files to a song on Spotify by the metadata.

You can check by going to desktop, right clicking one of the offline files that has synced, and if it says Unlink as an option then you can tell that it has been linked to a song on Spotify.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I think you're right.  But Spotify didn't find some songs, when there are songs on their library.  Is there a way to manually link one of my local songs to the Spotify library version?

DJP

Suggested posts