13-03-2012 04:28 PM
I was wondering, if you guys could answer a few questions for me as I am building a playlist and keep messing it up.
1. How do I save the file order of my playlist? Meaning, once they are added in, they won't become disorganized if I push any of the column buttons.
2. Is there an easier way to filter out duplicates from a playlist?
3. What does the paperclip mean in a playlist?
4. If I delete a public playlist, is there a way to get it back?
14-03-2012 02:14 AM
Does anyone know how to organize songs by play order?
lists the play order but when viewed it won't stay.
14-03-2012 10:07 AM - edited 14-03-2012 10:09 AM
Hey, welcome to the Community - I'll try to answer your questions as well as I can.
1. Dragging and dropping tracks is the way to set the order of a playlist. If you do accidentally sort it by artist, album, etc. then just a few more clicks on that column will put it back to how it was before.
2. There isn't an easy way to do this yet. For now, you'll just need to pick them out I'm afraid.
3. The 'linked' icon pops up when the track has been replaced by another in the catalogue. Say for instance we don't have a particular track available in your region, but we do have another version of it.
4. If you've still got a link to the playlist then you should be able to find it again, even when it's been deleted. Otherwise, let us know and we'll help you out.
5. I'm not entirely sure how the integration with ShareMyPlaylists works - the order on the site isn't the default order for how it comes up in Spotify (that is an awesome playlist though, I'm a subscriber).
16-03-2012 11:26 PM
19-03-2012 09:37 AM
All your playlist data is stored on our servers, so the order should be the same wherever you access it.
And as for your mood idea, I'm reminded of the Moodagent app. You can use this to create new playlists based on the same 'mood' as a track of your choice. Or try out the Radio feature. There's plenty of ways to discover new music in Spotify.
Let me know if you'd like some more ideas to try out.
02-08-2012 05:31 AM
02-08-2012 07:44 AM
Unfortunately, my playlists play out of order on my iPhone app. I start in the middle and they seem to jump to the top or a random location.
Do you have shuffle turned on?
02-08-2012 02:51 PM
I see the double arrow and the word "Shuffle" at the top of the list. When I attempt to click it - to toggle it ...it immediately starts playing something else. How do I know if it's active or not? It's colored a dark grey at all times. I DON'T want it on ever.
02-08-2012 06:09 PM
Hi Rpalagy - Once you click on the word 'Shuffle' at the top of your playlists a track sould start playling and appear on your screen.
From there, please the 'i' button in the top left. From there you will see if the 'Shuffle' is on (green) or off (gray). If it's green simply hit it again to turn it off. Then hit the 'i' button to return to your track.
|Hello! Please take one minute to answer three very short questions about your support experience today.|
|Take me there||No thanks (hide)|
|Hi folks. We're aware that ... . We're investigating!|
To stay updated please come in here.
|Would you like to help QA test Connect? If so, please log in or register.|
Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.