Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Roku search no longer working

Solved!

Roku search no longer working

When I search in the Spotify channel on my Roku I get a Error searching (code 16.1) message. I've restarted the device and unintalled and reinstalled the channel to no avail. Any thoughts? thanks.

184 Replies

I emailed Spotify and they wrote back saying it is a Roku issue and to contact them. This problem is not going to be fixed so I think I will cancel Spotify.

Yeah, me too. There are other sources of music.

Spotify tweeted me and said they are aware of the issue and they are working on it

Roku just sent me a message that they're no longer supporting Spotify. Anyone else? Bye Bye Spotify!

This is ridiculous. Why are we all getting different responses from Spotify and Roku?

Can Spotify please post a response to this issue? We are paying a lot of money & would like this resolved asap!

I do not believe they will do anything for this issue. I received a canned
response and nothing further, so I will be cancelling my spotify account
and will badmouth them liberally. There are many Spotify users among the
software development community, and I will do my best to spread the word of
their lack of response and poor software. I wish you good luck, but I
suspect they do not believe that Roku users are a large enough community to
care about.

Spotify, if you monitor this at all, you ought to at least give us some
attempt at customer service.

I just spent about an hour chatting with a customer service rep from Roku. We tried putting the bitrate speed to 3.5, we uninstalled and reinstalled my Spotify app, we rebooted the tv, and we searched for any software updates. Nothing has worked, I'm still getting a 16.1 error code when I try to use the Spotify search. Roku has concluded that it's not an error on their end and after spending so much time trying to resolve this, I think they're correct.

I only pay for premium to use Spotify on my Roku tv.  I have no problem with this being my last month if this issue isn't resolved before my subscription automatically renews at the beginning of March. It's irritating that there hasn't been a resolution to this yet since it's been over a week since this issue began.

I also received what seems to be a canned response in email today.

"We can only apologize that the app is not working as it should. We’re already working on this and we'd like to continue troubleshooting and get you back to enjoying your music as simply and easily as possible.

Thank you as well for informing, we’ll ensure this reaches the correct team."

Although, it really would be nice if Spotify showed up here in this forum thread and addressed everyone on where they are on this matter.

This really is not a Roku support issue. Spotify is the official developer of the Roku app. Its nice that Roku has been so helpful, but their hands are tied. Roku just provides the platform, the channel developers, like Spotify, have to provide working applications.

What a pain, Spotify needs to be honest about this. Saying they're looking into it isn't giving any of us much confidence in a future fix. I'm considering alternatives within the month.

Hi I am very dissapointed aswell. This is my first time posting on a message board like this and feel that it is a very very poor response from Spotify. 

The only reason that I upgraded to premium 5 years ago was so that I could stream to my Tivo and now Roku box. As ist stands without being able to search and only being able to play my saved lists it is pretty useless. 

What makes it even worse is when you consider the lack of updates from Spotify as the current version dates from July 2014!

If it is not sorted very very soon I will be deleting my account and moving on. 

i to are having the same problem have emailed spotify about the problem on roku search code error 16.1 they said they are looking into it

i feel the same way to if it can't be resolved by spotify will probably try another music streaming site

Looks like the list of disgruntled customers is growing Spotify !

Spotify broke their search API last week, this has affected numerous devices / pieces of software, not just Roku. I suggest you all use twitter and private messages to 'staff' members on here until they bother to take notice and provide you with a response. Or find another service, if you are able to.

Seems to me in 2016 Spotify is really the only streaming music for roku. Does anyone know of an alturnitive to Spotify? Deezer is similar but not available in USA yet. Spotify is lying, the have known of this problem for some time. Most users don't use roku, etc...so they are not too concerned at this point. Not a great business modle! I'm ready to jump ship fo good.

Then premium service should have been free until they worked out the kinks! I had spirit on my PlayStation first and then it froze after 3 or 4 songs. Then I got roku and it worked fine for about a week and then the 16.1 error. Customer service at spirit don't even know their own product and they've never been helpful. Infact they've been rude and have always put their problems on someone else. I'm sick of it

I bought the premium because of Roku. The least they could do is let us know that they no longer support Roku. I think someone just forgot about Roku or don't care since we're such a small set of users.

I'm mean spotify not spirit! darn spell check

Suggested posts