Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Play no longer working on Denon DRA-N4 Piccolo (started in March 2016)

Spotify Play no longer working on Denon DRA-N4 Piccolo (started in March 2016)

I bought a Denon DRA-N4 for Spotify Play back in December. Was working beautifully until Feb/March. Then it started disconnecting constantly. Sometimes I see the device listed as a Spotify Play option - and then it starts and stops shortly after, or simply times out trying to connect. Sometimes I don't see it at all.

Note that I have:

- gotten a brand new unit as I initially thought it was a hardware issue; exact same problem! Pretty sure it's not a h/w issue at this point.

- tried both wired and wireless for Piccolo

- tried to put both phone and Piccolo on a different router (different brand and OS)

- tried several iPhone models (5, 5S, 6S, iPad Air 2, etc.) and Mac (Air, Pro)

- upgraded to latest firmware

Airplay works fine (but that's not what I want).

Symptoms are inconsistent.

I am at a loss. I have tried everything I could think of. The only remaining thing I could think of is that my family account is US-based but I live in Sweden (unfortunately changing that is proving to be a very complex and lengthy exercise...). 

This might be the last straw for me.

2 Replies

Hey there! 

Thanks for bringing this up to our attention.

Just to make sure, can you try to reinstall Spotify on the device you normally use? You can follow these steps to do so: https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify. Also, are you using bluetooth or Connect to stream on your Denon? 

Keep us posted 🙂 

Bluetooth and Airplay are usually fine. Spotify Play/Connect (device streaming directly) is the issue. It works since yesterday, not sure why. Crossing my fingers it will last but don't like the randomness of this problem!

Does Spotify Play/Connect requires port forwarding (what ports) on the router that sits in front of the devices?

Thanks.

Suggested posts