Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect doesn't make a connection with my Pioneer vsx529 - ERROR-LOGIN-FAILED

Solved!

Spotify connect doesn't make a connection with my Pioneer vsx529 - ERROR-LOGIN-FAILED

Since 2 weeks Spotify Connect doesn't work anymore on my Pioneer vsx 529.

There are some similar posts in foum but all solutions don't work for me.

The connect button does show up (grey) and the PIoneer also shows up.

But it's impossible make connection.

This morning was all ok for a couple hours. This evening still not working.

I debugged the TCP connection with wireshark. This is the result:

PC->Pioneer http://192.168.0.6/goform/spotifyConfig?action=getInfo 

Pioneer->PC {"version":"1.3.2","deviceID":" .... ","maxUsers":5,"remoteName":"Pioneer", "publicKey":" .... ","status":101,"statusString":"OK","spotifyError":0,"spotifyErrorString":"No error"}

PC->Pioneer http://192.168.0.6/goform/spotifyConfig?action=addUser&userName=myusername&blob=... &clientKey=.....

Pioneer->PC {"status":202,"statusString":"ERROR-LOGIN-FAILED","spotifyError":10,"spotifyErrorString":"General permanent error"}

On PC, IPhone and android tablet on the same LAN is all OK.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, perhaps I found solution.

I think the problem is similar to that Spotyguy resolved here.

My Pioneer was configured in DHCP. The dns was assigned automatically from my internet provider.

Now I have modified the configuration: I assigned to the Pioneer a fixed IP address and forced the google dns

8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

It works now!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I basicly have the same problem with my Denon Ceol N9.
I use an Ipad Air though, sometimes the Spotify Connect will work just fine. But then all of a sudden it will lose the connection with my Denon, eventhough it shows up on the network in Spotify. And what ever I try, it will not connect again.
Marked as solution

Hi, perhaps I found solution.

I think the problem is similar to that Spotyguy resolved here.

My Pioneer was configured in DHCP. The dns was assigned automatically from my internet provider.

Now I have modified the configuration: I assigned to the Pioneer a fixed IP address and forced the google dns

8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

It works now!

How do you assign a fixed IP to a device?

Suggested posts