Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP 7.5] Windows Phone and Free Mobile >>> offline mode!

[WP 7.5] Windows Phone and Free Mobile >>> offline mode!

Hi,

I'm a french customer with the new operator "Free Mobile". This operator use the network from "orange" so I'm always in roaming. Spotify for Windows Phone doesn't allow me to be in online mode as (I think) I'm in roaming. Internet and all others apps are working fine... except Spotify. Could you fix this? I have to say that I switched from Deezer to Spotify as I thought the app was working a better way.

Thx a lot for your feedback

My device: HTC HD7 with Windows Phone Mango,

12 Replies

I'm sorry to disapoint you, but i dont think that you should count on that it will be solved.. As we have learned the last six months -spotify dont give a crap about Windows phone users... they dont reply to anything..

Sadly but true..

You should switch back to deezer.. I'm going to Wimp..

Hi,

I have the same problem on my Nokia Lumia 800. This shouldn't be very complicated to update the app to allow streaming on roaming if the user accepts it (you d'ont need to make it by default, just give the opportunity to choose).

Too bad because the app is decent, even if some other problems occur (offline playlists disappearing sometimes).

My teleoperator Saunalahti roam in awesome Elisa's network (Unlimited and cheap data plans). I'm able to use Spotify with my Windows Phone - Nokia Lumia 800.

I see that Saunalahti is owned by Elisa: Is this true roaming or just MVNO? Do you have the little triangle on top of the screen? Or a warning when you launch Nokia Drive?

Saunalahti is owned by Elisa. But at this time, this truely roams. But I do not see Roaming, just HSDPA. So I believe it just works fine in my situation.

But I do not know why so many people here does not able to use Spotify.

What settings do you use?

I'll post soon my settings.

Packet data: Enabled.

Data roaming: Data roaming blocked.

Internet type: 3G.

Network: Automatical.

APN: internet.saunalahti.

I do not see any error when I open Spotify for Windows Phone. I can listen music etc.

On my part, Free mobile has its own network  for 25% of the population (but not Paris where I live) and uses Orange's network for the rest.

My settings are :

• Active network : Free
  • Data connection : activated
  • Roaming options : roaming
  • Max connexion speed : 3G
  • Network selection : automatique

Whenever I'm on Orange's network, a small plain triangle appears on top of the screen and remains always there (even when the bars, G/H/3G and the battery status are hidden). This triangle disappears when I'm on Free mobile's own network.

So this is the exact same situation that when you go in a foreign country. In France there are also small operators that use one the 3 main networks but without roaming.

This is strange situation.

In Finland Elisa's network is available in HSDPA max. 21 Mbit, EDGE and GPRS and coverage map is here http://www.elisa.fi/kuuluvuus/. Also LTE max. 100 Mbit in some cities by Elisa. The coverage is really good and Elisa's network is very huge... Just some areas without fast 3G, but more coming...

Maybe the problem is that your operator roams in many networks? My in just one. Elisa has it's own network in all populated areas here in Finland.

What Spotify say if you download Nokia network application and change settings with it?

Actually, Spotify doesn't say anything : it just goes offline when on roaming (white triangle).

If I apply your settings to my phone, meaning "Data roaming: Data roaming blocked.", I don't have any access to internet.

Free has no network at all in my area (not even GSM) but in your case, I understand that your operator has its own network for any connection except HSDPA. And Spotify doesn't need HSDPA to stream.

And as your operator is owned by Elisa, maybe, the access point is installed on Elisa's network but specific to the clients of that operator.

I understand that my situation is really rare (have a windows phone + use Spotify + subscribe to Free mobile which exists only since january 2012) but this limitation is really annoying. I actually downgraded my subscription to Unlimited until this is fixed in a future version.

Yes. Own network in all network types. I think this is the case. Spotify should fix this and should ask if user want to chooce manually streaming option when roaming.

BTW, I'm asked from Spotify when Spotify update this app to up to date, but no answer. Just some answers like "We do not know" or "When we have more to say, we update our blog" - non sense answers.

I believe, that update is not coming anytime soon. Or ever.

I'm myself going too to downgrade my account to Unlimited, because I do not want to use outdated and buggy app.

And what about Customer service... Spotify does not spend the time answering questions related to Windows Phone. Just one response was from Rorey employee/community manager: "If you want for update to Windows Phone application, just create idea to our Idea forum". Huh, this is Spotify's app, why we should add our voice to idea forum. Spotify should fix this app in no time. We pay for it.

Hey, add your kudos to this All Windows Phone bugs in one thread thread, if you want that Spotify fix those problems.

Let's hope that my thread will sit at home page on the community forever. Maybe then Spotify notice those problems.

Suggested posts