Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

login credentials are invalid

login credentials are invalid

I have installed spotify on my sonos interface. And can find my playists and everything. Furthermore I have a premium account.

When trying to play a song via spotify it says -login credentials for spotify are invalid, cannot platy the song-

(translated from dutch)

How can I get my sonos working with spotify.

This link : https://www.spotify.com/fi/account/set-device-password/

gets forwarded to https://www.spotify.com/fi/account/profile/

My account is linked to FB however I have changed my password to login to spotify.

Please help me.

18 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Are you using your Spotify username which should be a string of digits and your password to log in?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

no  where can i find the string of numbers? it is not available under profile settings or the links in my first request.

Hi elbertvandewiel - There seems to be some confusion here--you mentioned your account was linked to Facebook. Users that joined via Facebook need to sign in with this 10-digit username.

While your account is linked to Facebook, you signed up with a unique username (elbertvandewiel). Are you definitely signing in with that "elbertvandewiel" username and your Spotify password?

Thanks for the fast replies,

I am not sure how I joined spotify anymore because it is a while ago.

But i am definately able to login to spotify using my Username: elbertvandewiel & PW : ******** (loging with spotify credentials)

(using the login via Facebook button also works off course) 

I am able to access all my profile data and play songs on my PC or mobile using Spotify.

However I have added the spotify function in my sonos controller (app) and then it does not play anything. Even though I am able to see my playlists, favourites and everything. Any Ideas how to solve this? Thought that setting up a "devise" pw is the same as having my normal spotify login right?

Yes it should be. 

Do you get any error messages from sonos or does it just not play anything? 

Peter

Peter

When trying to play a song via spotify it says -login credentials for spotify are invalid, cannot play the song-

(translated from dutch)

however I am logged in and can find my playlists favourites etc.

Very strange! 

I know it sounds stupid but can you change your password from your online profile and then use that new password to login? 

Peter

Peter

Tried it, the sonos interface it does not accept the new password, this is very strange.

I can normally login with the old one.

When I try the new one it does not accept the pw

I'm going to escalate this to the community staff to look into for you. 😉

Peter

Peter

Hi elbertvandewiel - I'm sending you a direct email right now so we can troubleshoot with a couple more steps. 

Keep an eye on your inbox for me. 

I encounter the same problem.  (installed spotify on my sonos interface / can find my playists/ have a premium account / but when trying to play a song via spotify it says -login credentials for spotify are invalid, cannot platy the song)

How was this solved?

Can you post the answer to this  problem please, I have this problem with Spotify on SONOS too? Very frustrating!!

I have the same problem. Sonos says I need to re-authorize my Spotify Account, but this fails. I checked the account and it's still valid. Also does it function normally on my phone.

What do I have to do get access to Spotify on my Sonos system?

Mary 

@Muppetkopje wrote:

I have the same problem. Sonos says I need to re-authorize my Spotify Account, but this fails. I checked the account and it's still valid. Also does it function normally on my phone.

What do I have to do get access to Spotify on my Sonos system?

Mary 

Are you logging into Sonos using your Spotify username and password? 

Peter

Peter

I have se same problem. In the Sonos controller on the Mac I can connect it to Spotify. It displays my playlists etc. But when I click play on a song I get the "Invalid credentials" message (but in swedish - see screenshot). Very frustrating.

spotify-fail.png

Do you have Spotify Premium @mariaisac ?

Peter

Peter

Yes. I reauthorized fron the Sonos Mac app, waited 10 minutes and now it works. Maybe a delay before it kicks in?

Very possible! Glad its working 🙂 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts