NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.9.3

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.9.3

iOS Release Notes
What's new in version 0.9.3
  • Fixed: Lots of bugs have been squashed

#iOS #0.9.3 #ReleaseNotes
Important to note
  • When reporting issues, always mention what version of the Spotify app you're using
Community Ergo Sum
39 Replies

The "Recently Listened To" and Top Lists "for me" (tracks, artists, and albums) haven't updated in over a week. Before that it updated every couple of days, and before that, it didn't update for over 3 weeks. I was hoping that this new version would have a fix for this sporatic and unreliable feature. I know it's been a topic of conversation on the message boards for a while now, but it would be nice to get some information on Spotify's progress with finding a fix.

So, is the battery power drain bug fixed in this release?

Maybe slightly more detail in the releasenotes will help..

I agree.. why are the release notes so vague. Many of us are waiting for the power drain issue to be fixed....

Why Asia users still can't use Spotify in free on mobile devices?
As I know, it should be work in previous version.

Where is the equalizer, it's a MUST in an music application!!!

Is it just me or with recent update can we no longer play individual tracks we have to "shuffle play" the album instead, also what is with the commercials now when listening to albums. Do not like update

@The_Animal wrote:
Is it just me or with recent update can we no longer play individual tracks we have to "shuffle play" the album instead, also what is with the commercials now when listening to albums. Do not like update

Shuffle Play and ads are part of the free service on mobile now. Are you currently a Premium subscriber?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi, since i've maid an update to spotify 0.9.3.212 my streaming songs quit when i recieve a Gmail (or other) notification or sometime without external reasons.

Also, main ios playback fonction doesnt work anymore after song stops without reasons.

it's very annoying.
Did someone repport similar problems?

Zed

iphone 4 - ios 7

Spotify 0.9.3.212 Premium

zedgraphics wrote:

...song stops without reasons + no fade between songs.

Zed-iphone 4 - ios 7-Spotify 0.9.3.212 Premium

Well, the problem is that when i move manually the cursor near the end of a song (to ear the fade with the next song), it stops the playback without fading.

But when i let the song play without touching anything the fade works perfectly.

Zed

iphone 4 - ios 7

Spotify 0.9.3.212 Premium

@zedgraphics - It might be worth a clean reinstallation and see if you get the same behaviour after that?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I was hoping to see something about SoundFocus app or equalizer re-implementation in the 0.9.3.

Instead of this essential for music issue the product managers and s/w people fiddle around with 3rd order items.

Again - even though no Spotify answer is supposed to be read here - When do we get our equalizer for iOS ? 

Do we have to wait until vers. 1.0.0 ?

After following the uninstall/re-installation instructions suggested by Spotify technical team, the new Spotify iOS 0.9.3 still ending (randomly) at the end of a song with no reasons 😕

Is this a Fading/buffering problem? Because its not happening with fade set to 0.
(NB: no problems with the previous version)

Zedgraphics

iPhone 4 - ios 7

I'm experiencing a bug where when I queue a song, it will play twice in a row instead of once 

I honestly don't care so much for cool features compared to an equalizer! Sure, discover is a good way to find new music and many people use the Facebook function, BUT an equalizer is a really fundamental thing in a music player, it must be there! You had a hidden one year ago, so why not make it visible instead of removing it? In every update i long to see the word EQUALiZER instead of minor bug fixes.

iOS's sleep timer does not work with Spotify. Please fix.

In reply to this idea they said:

Hi folks. Hands in the air! We've taken far too long to get back to this idea. After much deliberation, we've decided not to implement this idea. At the moment, we're focusing on launching the Browse, Discover, and Collection features across all platforms. We may come back to this in the future.

With this new update everything is slower and sometimes the app freEzes for up to 10-20 seconds. latest iOS and iPhone 5.

I downloaded the new iphone update this morning (iphone 4s) and the app crashed everytime a song started in offline mode--sometimes a few seconds only, sometimes a minute or two, and then unable to start the app again without turning it off and back on only to have the same problems again--, and I could not forward between songs within a playlist.  I deleted the app and re-installed, and now I have nothing at all: no music, playlists gone, nothing.  I am a premium  member, but I am just deleting the account if I cannot play music offline on the phone.

@tuuubes wrote:

I'm experiencing a bug where when I queue a song, it will play twice in a row instead of once 

same here

Suggested posts