Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPad App: Searching by Album

iPad App: Searching by Album

Just started using the iPad App. Still on free if that makes any difference.

When I search for an album I get a very limited number of hits. Usually about thirteen. Should I be getting more? Is there some way of displaying a next page? I get many more when using the Web app.

As an example search for Vangelis. The web app returns 225 albums. The iPad app just 13.

I am sure that if I knew what to search for I could find it but I was rather hoping to use Spotify to enable me to explore new music.

5 Replies

This is a known issue, I normally only get 7! 😞

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Ah, thanks.

Any idea how long it has been known for? Or, to put it another way, is it likely to be fixed any time soon?

Sadly, not fixed in the latest update.

Is there a Spotify bug-tracking system that shows the progress of these known issues and allows users to report others?

We do have a bugs section here on the community, could have sworn I did open this at the time but I can't find it now - wondering did I not raise it as it may not really be a bug (requires confirmation of expected behaviour from the developers). I will raise it again, but the staff escalation shows it has been reported internally.

Edit: Updating text.

Peter

I have now opened this as a bug here on the community (and supplied a work around). Head on over to this topic for details. 

Just so we can keep all data in one place, I am going to lock this topic for now. If anyone else has this issue if you could add your details over on the bugs topic it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Peter

Suggested posts