Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidentally hit Thumbs Down button

Solved!

Accidentally hit Thumbs Down button

I accidentlally hit the thumbs down button on the Spotify Radio and was wondering if there was a way to view the list of songs/artitst that have been given the thumbs down or up; this is an artist I hope to find more music on but cannont recall their name? I suspect there has to be a file of some sort that is tracking this information, otherwise how would it know to play or not play that artist?

Thanks for your help. 

p.s.

The back button did not work. 

188 Replies

The feature is requested in the Spotify Ideas Section. 

Please VOTE. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/All-Platforms-Radio-Undo-Thumbs-Down-action/idi-p/...

The more votes, the better the chances to have this issue fixed. 

Thanks!

The year is 2017. They said they were working on it in 2012. When will the lies stop?

Same!  I can't find this song I loved now 😞

#alternativefacts

Hi guys, 

Please VOTE here: 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Modifiable-Thumbs-up-down/idi-p/212314

Seems that my idea suggestion was marked as a duplicate. The link above has over 1000 votes. Let's try and push this. 

Thanks!

Looks like they looked at this in 2015 and decided it wasn't happening. Maybe the increase in votes might help.

"Updated: 2015-11-18
Hey folks! We definitely love this idea and we know a lot of you have shown your support with your kudos. At the moment we're quite far away from having this in our pipeline though so we need to mark this as 'Not Right Now'. As soon as we have news about this feature we'll post here first. Thanks!"

Obnoxious.

This would be such a small and quick project to get off their books. I
don't get it.

any update on this?

To me it's a joke that the programmers have not solved this issue.... Simple, script a reverse code into the dislike button so another click will undo the previous one....  **bleep** spotify.....

Orriginal coder must be like....

"OH YOU ACCIDENTLY DISLIKE SONG IN RADIO U FUKED UP MUAHAHA"

well, why not have a log of all songs thumbs up or down at least you can track what you have played. You recommended a great song to me and I wanted to play it again and instead of hitting the back button I accidentally hit the thumbs down and now it is gone ... forever ...? Sadly

This is from like 5 years ago, I'm having the same problem, where's the fix?

Right? I'm actually a new user on a trial version of the premium, back to pandora, thanks for nothing Spotify.

5 years and no update to the rep's message of "looking into it", really?

I'm tempted to see if there are Spotify dev positions available in my city and apply, then laugh when they say they're part of an agile/scrum based work environment.

Couldn't you just add the song to that liked from radio playlist or would that not work very well?

I'm not sure I understand you.

There is no playlist when you dislike a song. The algorithm runs immediately, logic runs behind the scenes and that's that.

No trace or record for the user.

I was just saying like if you thumbs it down then just search for it and add it to the playlist that's liked from radio. But Yeah I guess that doesn't solve the problem of the radio being tailored to you. Sorry lol.

Waiting also for a fix... 5 years... 

Marked as solution

Its not solved but our best bet is going to this post. Lets tell spotify this is still a big issue. They already have a request page up if we get enough requests they will have to.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Modifiable-Thumbs-up-down/idi-p/212314

Make sure to press vote so we can get this changed.

I encountered this for the first time today after accidentally hitting thumbs-up and ruining a radio station. I had to delete it and recreate the playlist, which I honestly think might have been more effort than the coding it would take to fix this.

This issue/thread is five years old now, old enough to start Kindergarten. Is it "in the pipeline" yet??

first: i can't believe how old this issue is!

second: i just had this issue. i thumbed up a track and now the entire station is ruined. i can't get rid of it. if i can look forward to this issue on further 'accidents' that may happen in the future then screw that. i just started using spotify because i heard it was better than pandora with more songs and such. from where i am standing.. it doesn't even have a basic feature like this solved. thats ridiculous especially with how long it seems that the community has asked about it.

going back to my already set up pandora stations that don't give me problems like this if i 'accidentally' hit the wrong button.

Suggested posts