Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Albums auto-expand to show tracklist - Annoying!

Albums auto-expand to show tracklist - Annoying!

On the iPad if you select an artist you get a nice window coming in from the right that shows all the albums. Nice, right? 

Except, as you scroll down through the albums, they expand out to show the tracklist, so that if you're trying to get to the bottom of a long list of albums, it keeps expanding down and down and down and you have to keep scrolling. 

Does anyone else find this irritating? 

Can the tracklists of each album stay hidden until the user selects that album? 

2 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, that is not yet possible in the iOS client.

Good Idea though! Feel free to submit it to the Ideas section so Spotify are aware of it. I'll certainly be adding my Kudos 😉

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I'm absolutely desperate for this to be fixed. Try searching for a prolific artist like David Bowie, then scrolling down the list of albums. Each time you spot the one you want, an earlier album expands and shoves it away from your fingertips. I cannot imagine how this didn't come up in testing.

This isn't a feature idea, it's a request to fix a horrible, horrible UI bug. But if the Ideas forum is our only means of redress, I'll go via that route. Given as the OP hasn't raised one, I'll do it now, if this post gives me Idea rights.

Suggested posts