Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App Still "Phantom Plays" Music After Disconnecting from Device?

App Still "Phantom Plays" Music After Disconnecting from Device?

This is a weird thing I'm seeing and I'll try to explain best I can.  It only seems to happen when I'm playing audio through another device, like a little desk speaker via Lightening dock or my car via bluetooth.  (Not 100% sure on any more specific scenario.)  When I turn off the device (or car), the music stops, as it should.  However, on the iPhone's lock screen it still shows the "pause" button.  When I push it, it sounds the little descending three-note chime, but still shows pause (as if the music is still playing).  Not only that, the time indicator still moves forward, but it'll suddenly jump back, tick forward, then jump back again.

This is killing my battery.  The only way to make sure it is not "phantom playing" is to kill it in multi-tasking.  Which of course means I lose my place in my playlist.

When it happens again, I'll try to use my other iOS device to record a little Vine or snippet video to link to here.  But in the meantime, does this description sound like a problem anyone else is having?

1 Reply

Here's a link to a video clip of what I'm talking about.  Sorry it's almost impossible to see that the track timer is still going.  But you can clearly see it never pauses and there's certainly nothing actually playing.  I was playing through bluetooth desk speaker at the time.

Phantom Playing Video Clip

Suggested posts