Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App doesn't recognize my Premium account on my iPhone

Solved!

App doesn't recognize my Premium account on my iPhone

Since the last update my Spotify App on my iPhone doesn't recognize my Premium account anymore. On my Mac it still says I have a Premium account.

I can log in on the app, search music, but when I press a song, I get a new screen that says it's Premium material and that you need a Premium account to listen to this song. 

I monthly pay 9,99, but it just doesn't work!!

Please give me a solution soon or I will stop using Premium!

Gr. Michiel

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello.

Ensure that you are logging in using your "bq1756" username rather than an email address. This should get you back to your playlists.
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I tried that.  Now both my mobile and my desktop account are not premium.  Do you mind e-mailing me? 

Thanks

Marked as solution

Hi dan777edelstyn & MattyChan- Right now you're both on our Unlimited subscription. This gives you unlimited streaming on your laptop, but a Premium subscription is needed to stream on your phone.

You can upgrade to Premium easily via your subscription page. For more information about our subscription options, please check out this page of our website. 

Marked as solution

Nanjiroh- That's strange. Your upgrade has definitely gone through. 

Are you signing in with your Facebook email and password? Can you also confirm which app version you have installed on your iPhone? 

alrkn- You have indeed made a dupiclate account via your Facebook. Not to worry, that's gone now. 

To avoid confusion, I recommend always signing in with your 'alrkn' username (not your email). You could also link your Facebook to 'alrkn' via your Preferences page. 

Marked as solution

Hi Jared

Please log out of your Spotify Account and then out of your Facebook account on your Iphone.

Log in Into your Facebook Accoutn again  and then into your spotify account. Then u must get a message from FB on your Screen that Facebook is starting Spotify , if u didn´t get this message , change your Facebook  password and do the same procedure this works for me , 100 % :smileywink:

If it works , pls Kudo 🙂

83 Replies

Same problem here!

Just signed on and payed for premium, but it doesn't work!

Using it on a squeezebox touch, it doesn't recognize my account, tried typing in mail/spotify id, just tells me that i need premium service.

Also downloaded the windows app, same problem, no premium features only basic interface with ads!

This is not a good first impression of your service!

THis started happening to me yesterday and continuing today

Yes same happening to me. Bought Premium subscription, works fine on my Mac, but not on my iPhone

same here

mypenburg - You had created a duplicate account on our system via Facebook. That has now been deleted--please log out and log back in with your 'mypenburg' username. 

waqas, mbmjk, bjorn2run - I've checked your accounts and the upgrade should have gone through. Please log out and log in again. 

vinc1994 - You also created duplicate account, but the duplicate was upgraded to Premium rather than your 'vinc1994' account. Have a look in your inbox as I've sent you an email with further instructions.

Im having the same issue!! is there any way you could help me out too? thanks so much!

I'm having the same problem.

Just started my Premium account today but it is not working. This is a problem on both PC (Still get commercials) and iPhone that is unusable.

Edit: Aaaaand now it works

Hi Deepslackerjazz--

Are you still having trouble with your account? I've just checked and the upgrade has definitely gone through.

I think i have the same problem. I just uppgraded my account to premium but it does not work on my Iphone on or my computer. it tells me i need a premium account to stream musik. when i login to get premium(again) the website tells me i alredy have spotify premium. help!!

Hi!

Edit: 

I have sort of the same problem. When I visit Spotifys webpage it says that I have a premium account, but my spotify, on the laptop, says unlimited and my iphone cant neither sync or stream songs.

All good Meredith, thanks do much!! This is literally the most amazing thing ever!!!

Same problem here!

Just signed on and payed for premium, but it doesn't work!

Im grateful for all help i can get..

It works again! Thanks for helping! Good service!

christin- You've created a duplicate account via your Facebook profile. Please be sure you're signing in with your 'christinlindqvist' username to access your Premium account. 

billstenkrus_ - Please keep an eye on your emails--we've just responded to the cases you opened with our support team. 

I am seeing the same issue.  I upgraded to Premium a week or two ago.  My playlists are not appearing in my iPhone app.

Marked as solution

Hello.

Ensure that you are logging in using your "bq1756" username rather than an email address. This should get you back to your playlists.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Same issue here. However, logging in with my username instead of facebook doesn't fix the problem.

Next suggestion?

Home_Skillet - Your case is a very strange one. It's probably best if we continue this over email. I'll pop a message your way.

Airhorn Enthusiast

I am also getting this issue. I have been using Spotify on my home machine and decided to try the Premium service so that I could use my iPhone. So far, when I search for music to listen to, it tells me that I don't have a Premium account. 

Would this also be the reason I've been uable to sync my playlists from my machine to my phone?

Thank you.

Suggested posts