Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Available albums on Spotify not being listed on the relevant artist page

Available albums on Spotify not being listed on the relevant artist page

You search an artist, then go their page, some of their albums are missing. BUT! Search the name of the album and you can then find that album. 

I'll you give you an example that you can test out. Lou Reed's ablum 'Perfect Day' isn't listed on his artist page but if you search the album, you can find it. 

I tried posting this on the bug page (won't let me) because this bug isn't just on iOS devices, it's also on desktop too. 

4 Replies

Thats definitely weird!

You can report any content errors/issues such as these directly to the Spotify content team using the instructions outlined in this topic. Once you have submitted a query, the content team will investigate and then pass any needed details over to the record label to request a correction/change if needed (so it can take some time unfortunately!).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter wrote:

Thats definitely weird!

You can report any content errors/issues such as these directly to the Spotify content team using the instructions outlined in this topic. Once you have submitted a query, the content team will investigate and then pass any needed details over to the record label to request a correction/change if needed (so it can take some time unfortunately!).

That would take me a very long time since it's happening on various artists lol. 

Is it happening to you? 

It does for Lou Reid, but I haven't come across any other examples lately. Can't say I search for artists page to get to albums all that often though.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter wrote:
It does for Lou Reid, but I haven't come across any other examples lately. Can't say I search for artists page to get to albums all that often though.

Hang on! 

Something has changed. The album has been moved a compilations section. I can't remember seeing that before. 

That said. I can't seem to see another album on The Velvet Underground page and there isn't a compilation section. 

Suggested posts